Laray Smith Track Highlights | Syracusefan.com

Laray Smith Track Highlights

Franz69

All Conference
Here's a video of Laray Smith winning the 200m at the Mayor's Cup back in April. He's wearing navy blue with big yellow X on the front. 3rd lane from the top. Watch how quickly he makes up the stagger and powers to the finish. Sign him up:

Here's a video of Laray Smith winning the 200m at the Mayor's Cup back in April. He's wearing navy blue with big yellow X on the front. 3rd lane from the top. Watch how quickly he makes up the stagger and powers to the finish. Sign him up:

I love this kid . He should be our number 1 goal this year . Great combination of size and speed. Running the 200 is not just physical. Add the mind set to the equation. Its more than conditioning to go the distance at top speed.:eek:

He has the best time in the 100m and 200m in NYS this spring (10.73 and 21.62 respectively). For comparison purposes, Jerimiah Kobena's fastest 100m time in HS was 10.85. His fastest 200m time was 22.43.

Laray is without question the fastest player in the state. I personally want him more than even Gus Edwards. We need speed, elite speed, more than anything else to make this offense work.

I don't like him, just quickly breaking the tape down. Seems to run way too upright for my liking. Also doesn't seem to have any flexibility in the hips. Runs very fast straight but if you noticed he made no nice cuts or fakes.

I don't like him, just quickly breaking the tape down. Seems to run way too upright for my liking. Also doesn't seem to have any flexibility in the hips. Runs very fast straight but if you noticed he made no nice cuts or fakes.

Well played.

He has the best time in the 100m and 200m in NYS this spring (10.73 and 21.62 respectively). For comparison purposes, Jerimiah Kobena's fastest 100m time in HS was 10.85. His fastest 200m time was 22.43.

Laray is without question the fastest player in the state. I personally want him more than even Gus Edwards. We need speed, elite speed, more than anything else to make this offense work.
cannot agree more on the "elitespeed" part. Laray should be our number one goal this recruiting year Not even close with anyone else thus far IMO

cannot agree more on the "elitespeed" part. Laray should be our number one goal this recruiting year Not even close with anyone else thus far IMO
Agree. Many recruiting sites say we haven't offered him. We have, correct? I think with an additional 20 pounds on his frame you could be looking at another Joe Morris with this kid. Sign him up over Pasq!

Tom you're starting to sound like Cali! :D

Tom you're starting to sound like Cali! :D
I have seen too many games where Syracuse struggles to put up more than 10 points. We need playmakers on offense badly. This guy has legit game breaking speed, something rarely found in the Northeast.

In a tweet from 24/7 sports yesterday, Smith says he will surely visit Oregon, Tennessee and West Virginia...