Las Vegas sets Syracuse football's over-under win total at 4.5 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Las Vegas sets Syracuse football's over-under win total at 4.5

And what exactly do we know?
1. That we have no idea how the top 2 WRs will be replaced.
2. That the LBs will be largely untested.
3. That the same less-than-spectacular RBs are back.
4. We really don't know if the OL is any better.
5. We don't know if DL depth is any better.

Vegas evaluation, AT THIS TIME WITHOUT FURTHER EVIDENCE, is spot on. No answers to these questions probably until game 3 of the season.

OL and DL has to be better. Several of the linebackers have game experience. LB recruits that redshirted were highly regarded. Same story on WR’s. We’ve seen this before and someone flashes. And I think we have a pool of guys who can flash unlike prior years.

Agree on RB position but it has to get better.

It’s the right number. We don’t know how good our depth is yet. And we won’t know until November. How many times have we seen this movie? It’s like watching Rocky and thinking he just may win this.

I’m betting $10k on a push.

Vegas evaluation, AT THIS TIME WITHOUT FURTHER EVIDENCE, is spot on. No answers to these questions probably until game 3 of the season.

Let me help.

1. Every year that Dino has run this offense, WRs produce in the top of whatever conference he’s been in. Even when going into the season there were significant loses to the position. Trust the process.

2. Every team we face will have untested players at positions. Kids graduate in college.

3/4. The OL started to come together right around the time we lost our QB last year. At that same time our RB started to quietly put up better numbers. Esp. Moe Neal.

5. The DL depth is way better than last year.

There are questions about WR, LB and OL. I doubt that all of them will be answered perfectly. And while our OOC schedule looks a touch more favorable - BC, Wake and NC State all looked better at the end of the season.

I’m confident we’ll get to 6, but if we’re trying to gauge Vegas - I think 4.5 is reasonable but for different reasons than you’ve shared.

It’s the right number. We don’t know how good our depth is yet. And we won’t know until November. How many times have we seen this movie? It’s like watching Rocky and thinking he just may win this.

I’m betting $10k on a push.

I'm pretty sure beating UConn only constitutes half a win, so I think us winning exactly 4.5 is a distinct possibility.

Hopefully I'll be able to take the over here in NJ rather than having to go out to Vegas!

It is at least 2012 all over again -- coming off a disappointing season, but stocked with a senior QB and some good returning players in the OL. A couple of injured seniors return (Cordy & Roberts), and grad transfer Martin adds experience at OT. Babers and the S&C coach are in their 3rd year with the program. Two returning receivers (Pierce & Butler) will add stability, while the others find their roles.

Can understand the 4.5 over/under, but this team has the look of a bowl team.

I know the Offensive line has better depth and I know the defensive line is better by simple logic.
We have one of the best QBs in the ACC with a very promising back up.
We have better talent and depth in the secondary.
At running back we have to expect to be at least a little better based on experience.
WR is a question mark but anybody that has watched this offense knows that its a system and its going to produce numbers with any decent WRs.

It is at least 2012 all over again -- coming off a disappointing season, but stocked with a senior QB and some good returning players in the OL. A couple of injured seniors return (Cordy & Roberts), and grad transfer Martin adds experience at OT. Babers and the S&C coach are in their 3rd year with the program. Two returning receivers (Pierce & Butler) will add stability, while the others find their roles.

Can understand the 4.5 over/under, but this team has the look of a bowl team.

completely agree but that 2012 team closed well. Finished very strong physically. I need to see that a Babers team can finish strong as well. So far we have fallen flat on our face in November. Major issue until i see it fixed. This ACC is no joke, it's gonna be a gauntlet year in and year out.

1- fair but babers system seems to make the numbers at wr every year
2- untested but more atheltic group than group that played last 3 years
3- fair but was ol a problem or was it rb
4- its clearly better based on paper and recruiting, does it translate to games?
5- dl depth cant be worse than last year

OL and DL has to be better. Several of the linebackers have game experience. LB recruits that redshirted were highly regarded. Same story on WR’s. We’ve seen this before and someone flashes. And I think we have a pool of guys who can flash unlike prior years.

Agree on RB position but it has to get better.

I'm with Boston, we have decidedly more questions than answers. There aren't many programs in the nation replacing the experience and production we are attempting to at backer and wr. Gentleman , we are replacing 3-4 year starters at 2 wr and 3 lb spots! Yes , recruiting is better but we lack any reliability at wr with butler last seen on gator alley with short armed drops and well, we are still waiting for custis to "arrive"...yawn . Also , lb is the toughest learn on this defense, very demanding. We have the same pedestrian talent at rb and will be sweating it out again with the secondary , esp. at safety. The Dline should be solid and hopefully the Oline makes the biggest jump as a unit. I love our talent and depth on Oline .

completely agree but that 2012 team closed well. Finished very strong physically. I need to see that a Babers team can finish strong as well. So far we have fallen flat on our face in November. Major issue until i see it fixed. This ACC is no joke, it's gonna be a gauntlet year in and year out.

Great point. Need to see a DINO squad finish strong, at least with some onions even if the qb gets hurt. There has been too much connection the last few years with ED's injury and the D just absolutely mailing it in. I realize this is an old scab from last year. Yes, ED, is our leader, but the defensive dropoff once he was hurt was unacceptable . The ultimate leadership comes from the top. Yes , the defensive depth was poor, just like it was with ED in the lineup . I love Dino and think he is the man, just think he has learned on the job too.

1- fair but babers system seems to make the numbers at wr every year
2- untested but more atheltic group than group that played last 3 years
3- fair but was ol a problem or was it rb
4- its clearly better based on paper and recruiting, does it translate to games?
5- dl depth cant be worse than last year

Please understand dino inherited ish and erv. They have caught basically 150-200 balls the last 3 seasons. Sprinkle on brisly, custis, and the Johnsons. AET was a special talent in 16 and ish took a back seat accordingly . Point being , we haven't seen this offense without ish and erv or a stud , record setting grad transfer.

Sure the system facilitates , but there needs to a be a talent level. A grasp of the cloud like playbook, ability to get off the line against ACC dbs, read ACC dbs, and catch the ball in stride and RAC. There are Billy Fucillo HUGE questions at wr this year . I hope talent step up, the system assists, and i am dead wrong.

Please understand dino inherited ish and erv. They have caught basically 150-200 balls the last 3 seasons. Sprinkle on brisly, custis, and the Johnsons. AET was a special talent in 16 and ish took a back seat accordingly . Point being , we haven't seen this offense without ish and erv or a stud , record setting grad transfer.

Sure the system facilitates , but there needs to a be a talent level. A grasp of the cloud like playbook, ability to get off the line against ACC dbs, read ACC dbs, and catch the ball in stride and RAC. There are Billy Fucillo HUGE questions at wr this year . I hope talent step up, the system assists, and i am dead wrong.

You can You Tube Bowling Green or Baylor games if you’d like to see this offense without those guys. What you will find is this offense gives WR talent *every* chance to become great. And it’s produced every year - without fail.

Could this be the year? Maybe. But it’s more likely that someone emerges than not.

LB - Armstrong has rotated in for 2 yrs - but yeah - it might be growing pains early.

Whose to say we are done adding for 2018 season though

Whose to say we are done adding for 2018 season though

Hope you are right, but its getting late in the football calendar to add an impact player.

Hope you are right, but its getting late in the football calendar to add an impact right player.
u r right. maybe, maybe we get a decent sub guy, who can fill the gap-- i hope.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom