Last 4 out... | Syracusefan.com

Last 4 out...

Ish88888

All American
As of this morning, Palm has us as one of the 4 last out. Along with Wichita State which is crazy considering the great year they have had.

17-14 and one win in Brooklyn...gets us to 18-15 overall. Normal year that sez NIT but this year probably a 11 or 12 seed.

Gotta beat GTech...and finish 18-13 to allow a first round loss...18-14 probably gets us in as an 11 seed.

10 and 11 seeds have virtually the same odds to beat the favorite in the first round.

I think the road/neutral record is the anchor around our hopes.

Gotta beat GT and get a win in Brooklyn, otherwise we will be 17-15, having lost 6 of 7 and with a 2-11 road/neutral record.

That should actually be first 4 out. Sorry, don't mean to be anal but just one of those little things that bothers me.

As of this morning, Palm has us as one of the 4 last out. Along with Wichita State which is crazy considering the great year they have had.

That is very strange... he is the only one in the whole Bracket Matrix to have Wichita State out and they are #10 on KenPom.

Palm seems to prioritize bad losses over good wins. Therefore he has been negative on Cuse the whole time & won't change. He minimizes SU's 3 top 25 wins. In the last several years the Selection Committee has given more weight to good wins (who did you beat) than losses. That's why many others have SU in. If that continues we should be OK if we beat Ga Tech.

Palm seems to prioritize bad losses over good wins. Therefore he has been negative on Cuse the whole time & won't change. He minimizes SU's 3 top 25 wins. In the last several years the Selection Committee has given more weight to good wins (who did you beat) than losses. That's why many others have SU in. If that continues we should be OK if we beat Ga Tech.

Uri lost to Fordham.

Uri lost to Fordham.
We lost to BC. Wash, in terms of RPI.

We have 3 100+ losses. They have 2.

Our argument against them is we are 6-7 vs. Top 50. They are 2-3. One of those URI losses is Duke, so we've got that going for us.

We lost to BC. Wash, in terms of RPI.

We have 3 100+ losses. They have 2.

Our argument against them is we are 6-7 vs. Top 50. They are 2-3. One of those URI losses is Duke, so we've got that going for us.

I think the 6 vs 2 in top 50 wins puts us ahead.

I agree, but this team, this year, has been neurotic. We have all the 3 big wins at home but have way more bad losses at home and on the road. Very flawed team, hopefully the weak bubble gets us in and we find some magic.
That should actually be first 4 out. Sorry, don't mean to be anal but just one of those little things that bothers me.

Yes, that's what I said.

Wake and Tcu is a joke, its like the guy isn't even trying.

I gwt it, yes, but our peaks and valleys of wins and losses is unprecedented. We lose by 30 to pitt and the johnnies but yet, have 3 top 10 wins. Those wins are overrated in my opinion bc all of those teams will end up beyond the top 20 imho. Virginia can't throw the ball in the ocean, duke is vastly inconsistent, and while fsu is big and athletic, they are young and inexperienced.

I gwt it, yes, but our peaks and valleys of wins and losses is unprecedented. We lose by 30 to pitt and the johnnies but yet, have 3 top 10 wins. Those wins are overrated in my opinion bc all of those teams will end up beyond the top 20 imho. Virginia can't throw the ball in the ocean, duke is vastly inconsistent, and while fsu is big and athletic, they are young and inexperienced.

We have blemishes, no question, but Wake is 15-12 with a losing conference record, and 1-9 against the top 50, what part of their resume is tournament worthy?

We have blemishes, no question, but Wake is 15-12 with a losing conference record, and 1-9 against the top 50, what part of their resume is tournament worthy?

Good point, nothing! I think what hurts us in the end is our peaks and valleys. We have deep valleys.

If recent history has shown anything it's that the committee REALLY likes quality wins. The only problem I see is that all our good wins are at home. Contrast that with 2016 when we beat two ranked teams at B4A and then beat Duke in Cameron.

I'd feel real good if we won the next two.

Also I think we got left out in 2007 because of terrible home losses and no quality OOC wins to speak of.

Good point, nothing! I think what hurts us in the end is our peaks and valleys. We have deep valleys.

They have avoided bad losses. Something we couldn't manage to do, in spite of beating 3 Top Ten teams.
Our deep valleys are like the Marianas Trench this year. :(

I'm sorry but I think anyone who values "avoiding bad losses" over "good wins" is a complete tool.

Who cares that you didn't lose to anyone bad, have fun being first round fodder for someone since you can't beat anyone good.

I'm sorry but I think anyone who values "avoiding bad losses" over "good wins" is a complete tool.

Who cares that you didn't lose to anyone bad, have fun being first round fodder for someone since you can't beat anyone good.

Alas - the people who actually decide who gets to Dance, are complete tools by your definition.
Which is why it matters.

And, frankly, if your team is in the bubble discussion - you ARE first round fodder.

They have avoided bad losses. Something we couldn't manage to do, in spite of beating 3 Top Ten teams.
Our deep valleys are like the Marianas Trench this year. :(

Not sure what you mean by avoiding bad losses. UConn, pitt, bc, and gtown are all bad losses. And a few happened at home and the johnnies beat us by 30+ and they , with mullin, are less than impressive. We, by far, have more bad losses than good wins. In the end, our wins will be top 20 maybe, instead of top 10.

Not sure what you mean by avoiding bad losses. UConn, pitt, bc, and gtown are all bad losses. And a few happened at home and the johnnies beat us by 30+ and they , with mullin, are less than impressive. We, by far, have more bad losses than good wins. In the end, our wins will be top 20 maybe, instead of top 10.

He's talking about Wake.

Damn, you don't do reading comprehension well, do you? :noidea:

I hope you're not an SU grad. Thanks Chancy Nancy! :p

Alas - the people who actually decide who gets to Dance, are complete tools by your definition.
Which is why it matters.

And, frankly, if your team is in the bubble discussion - you ARE first round fodder.
Really?..Because we were on the bubble last year and made the Final 4. Also, Jerry Palm doesn't decide the field.

Really?..Because we were on the bubble last year and made the Final 4. Also, Jerry Palm doesn't decide the field.

Yes - and that was last year, and last year's team.
Which had a much stronger resume than this year's team. They actually won games away from home, for starters.
Other than the coach, Lydon, and the uniforms, this year's team bears almost no resemblance to that one.

The vast majority of double-digit seeds do NOT make the Final Four. Or even out of the first weekend, usually.
Just because we miraculously did, once, doesn't change that fact.

I never said he did, nor that I agree with him, but - he does have a decent handle on this stuff, in general.
Moreso than Joey Brackets, who seemed personally butthurt that we got in last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom