Crusty

Living Legend
Wondering who we can beat.
Wake Forest
Boston College
Louisville
NC State
Notre Dame
While it is entirely possible we could lose them all, I don't think so. As the season progresses others will get banged up like us and our youngsters will gain valuable experience.

Maybe I'm nuts, but I think any game other than Notre Dame is not a big reach.
LGO!

Wake may end up being the toughest game outside of ND. I just have no idea who/what we are right now to be able to say any of those are wins.

Wake may end up being the toughest game outside of ND. I just have no idea who/what we are right now to be able to say any of those are wins.
Yes. But I think the question is who we will become each week.

Do any of them have a crappy offense? I think winning one of those 13-10 type games, is our best chance.

It would be a big upset if we win once. We will be getting double digit points in all those games. The last 2 games we will be at least 50 point dogs combined. Crusty , where does a win come from?. And three of those teams will not ease off the throttle.

It would be a big upset if we win once. We will be getting double digit points in all those games. The last 2 games we will be at least 50 point dogs combined. Crusty , where does a win come from?. And three of those teams will not ease off the throttle.
Guess I would start with NC State followed by Louisville.

do we get the ND team that struggles vs Duke and UL or the one that crushed Pitt without their QB?

I think Louisville is our best chance - but I won't be surprised if we don't get anyone.

I think we could win every one of those games. The D can certainly play with any of them. The O would need a VA Tech '16, Clemson '17 type of game. I'll go in the following order of likelyhood:

1. BC- home game, their rush D is below average, they have the least talent, but they don't turn it over much
2. Louisville- they have the worst ypc rush D of the teams we play, turn the ball over, we have 2 weeks to prep, but it is on the road
3. Wake- home game, they have the worst ypg rush D of the teams we play, but they don't turn it over
4. NC State- home game, average rush D, they turn the ball over
5. ND- road game, best rush D, they don't turn the ball over

I have no idea. I think we'll have a good shot in all of them but ND. I wouldn't want to play the team that played vs Clemson last week if I were them, with their aspirations.

I think Tucker's health is the X factor in all of this. If we have him we have a chance.

(Edited for clarity)

Last edited:
Is this the Rutgers board. We have a shot at winning the rest of our games? I mean, in sports every bad team says that but is it realistic to say that.

Quick, someone shoot a video from RutgersAl parents bedroom. I’ll let you borrow my GoPro 3, I think that model had HD.

On the bright side, the experience that all the young players are getting should be really helpful for the future.

But I think there are far too few available players to expect any wins.

Best chances would probably be BC, only because they've pretty much given up on their running game, and that plays into our strength. And NC State assuming the QB Leary is still out (they said 4-8 weeks and our game would be week 6).

I see people saying Louisville, but they finally got that offense going against FSU. There are a lot of athletes on that team, I don't see it being too much different than last year's track meet.

Notre Dame might rush for 500 yards unless they go into bowl prep mode and try to get the passing game going.

I don't like the Wake matchup this weekend. Hope to be pleasantly surprised, but not holding my breath.

Is this the Rutgers board. We have a shot at winning the rest of our games? I mean, in sports every bad team says that but is it realistic to say that.

Quick, someone shoot a video from RutgersAl parents bedroom. I’ll let you borrow my GoPro 3, I think that model had HD.

Don't see a single post saying we have a shot a winning the rest of our games (5-0). But we can certainly win a game or two against the teams we play. We beat Wake last year without Devito. Would it really be impossible to do so again? The game last year vs Duke we did not need a QB. If we played like that would we not beat BC or NC State? Louisville is a team that is all over the place. One game they look like they are Top 25 and the next game they look horrible. If we get their bad side can we not beat them, especially since they struggle to stop the run and turn the ball over? ND would be a minor miracle. We shouldn't expect to win any individual game. But in all likelihood we will end up winning a game somewhere.

I think we will get one more, either NCST or BC. At full strength this was probably a 4 win team. Where we are now 2 seems to be the ceiling.

Whoah! Slow down.

Individual games, not all of the games (we're not running the table, but I think we'll pick up another win or two somewhere)

the question will be can we enter the 4th quarter of all these games and not figure out a way to win any of them?

Reverse last week.. tell clemson they are playing without the #1 QB/ all the RBs and the top wr and tell me that game is not winnable for SU? So that for any team on the schedule.

FWIW here’s what ESPNs FPI has for the last 5

Wake 20%
BC 27.3%
@Louisville 11.9%
NC St 30.4%
@ND 2.7%

I seem to remember Dino saying early in the season that the O-LINE expected some guys to get healthy mid-way through the season. Where are we at with that. Could make a big difference going forward. I'm thinking D. Davis in particular.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom