Last Chance U Season 2 | Syracusefan.com

Last Chance U Season 2

LeMoyneCuse

All American
Is now on Netflix. Unfortunately, Ravian Pierce's Southwest Mississippi didn't play EMCC last season.

Just finished binge watching it on a long flight. Interesting. Won't give anything away, but I will be surprised if they go to the same school next year -unless, of course, there is a lot of money involved.

Just finished binge watching it on a long flight. Interesting. Won't give anything away, but I will be surprised if they go to the same school next year -unless, of course, there is a lot of money involved.

I watched the first episode half asleep last night, feels a lot like season 1 thus far. I dunno, need some new faces. They should just do a hard knock with a new NCAA team every season, that would be cool.

Binge-watched season 1 on a business trip earlier this year (Netflix is great for in-flight entertainment on an iPad). Just started watching season 2 and have the wife watching with me. Not binging, just one episode at a time.

It can be a bit of an eye-opener to those not familiar with the all of the comings & goings of a football program. JUCO programs are great opportunities for kids that didn't get the offers they wanted, possibly due to HS injuries or family situations, or those that need to earn a second chance after making a bad decision (such as punching a girl in a bar).

We are starting season two tonight. I enjoyed season one more then I thought I would.

Just finished Season 2. Thought it was really well done. Not as much made for tv moments (no big brawl, spoiler alert!), but think it did a good job diving into a more normal season at a top end JUCO.

Won't give anything away, but the amount Stephens seems to know about his players off the field is insanely problematic (not to mention the on the field stuff he doesn't know).

I will be curious if they leave East Mississippi and do another season elsewhere if the recruiting finally takes a hit.

Love the series. But I've had enough of Buddy Stephens and would be excited if they changed it to the other Mississippi Juco semi-highlighted, Coahoma. I know they sucked last year, but their roster will have guys from Mississippi State, USF, and East Carolina so they do have some talent to keep it interesting.

Love the series. But I've had enough of Buddy Stephens and would be excited if they changed it to the other Mississippi Juco semi-highlighted, Coahoma. I know they sucked last year, but their roster will have guys from Mississippi State, USF, and East Carolina so they do have some talent to keep it interesting.
I read ASA College of Brooklyn wants in on it.

My feelings exactly. Despite his attempt to rehabilitate his reputation, in my view he has worn out his welcome. I'm sure you can find equally compelling characters all over the country - the trick may be finding a team that has a chance to win a title.

I will say this. After hearing that Pitt signed the sad sack of a "team mate" Kam Carter, I have a new reason to want to destroy them. Bad news is, I highly doubt that waste of a scholarship will see the field. Bad attitude, horrible student, terrible wok ethic, doesn't like being told what to do. Good luck with all that at D1...lol.

I will say this. After hearing that Pitt signed the sad sack of a "team mate" Kam Carter, I have a new reason to want to destroy them. Bad news is, I highly doubt that waste of a scholarship will see the field. Bad attitude, horrible student, terrible wok ethic, doesn't like being told what to do. Good luck with all that at D1...lol.
If he is as he was portrayed, count me surprised if he makes it through training camp. I can already envision a paragraph including the phrases "no longer with the team" and "violation of team rules"

Have to give the Pitt fans credit, they have a pool going on how long he lasts. I just can't see it being long particularly if he keeps missing meetings and skipping classes, or worse gets into another fight with a coach. I will say this, he sure can play when he puts his mind to it.

Really disappointed this season that they allowed De'Andre Johnson on that team. I understand he's sorry blah blah blah but Buddy saying the only reason he's getting a second chance is because he's really good at football pissed me off.

He punched a woman in the face. I don't care if he goes to college but he shouldn't be playing football anywhere. Of course Kiffin took him for next season.

Really disappointed this season that they allowed De'Andre Johnson on that team. I understand he's sorry blah blah blah but Buddy saying the only reason he's getting a second chance is because he's really good at football pissed me off.

He punched a woman in the face. I don't care if he goes to college but he shouldn't be playing football anywhere. Of course Kiffin took him for next season.

What does punching a woman in the face have to do with football? or in other words, why are you suggesting the punishment only impact football? Because he's a football player? Well, he was also a college student at the time. So, why are you okay with him stepping back on a college campus but not okay with him playing football?

What does punching a woman in the face have to do with football? or in other words, why are you suggesting the punishment only impact football? Because he's a football player? Well, he was also a college student at the time. So, why are you okay with him stepping back on a college campus but not okay with him playing football?
I think that if you are convicted of a serious misdemeanor (ex: legitimate assault on a female) or a felony, you are dismissed from the program. It should be an NCAA rule, not a school rule that meets their agenda. Didn't mean to get off topic.

If he had the grades to get back into college, I'm okay with him enrolling at a school. However, football being his means to do so makes a lot of people turn a blind eye. Sorry, should have explained better in my post.

The fact he was able to use "good at football" to get him to JUCO and in essence, give him another D1 chance at FAU makes me upset.

If he had the grades to get back into college, I'm okay with him enrolling at a school. However, football being his means to do so makes a lot of people turn a blind eye. Sorry, should have explained better in my post.

The fact he was able to use "good at football" to get him to JUCO and in essence, give him another D1 chance at FAU makes me upset.

I see what you're saying, but I didn't take that he had any grades issues, I only took it that Buddy was taking care of his self-interest, which was to win games. Plus, no other school wanted to touch him...yet. Not sure many schools would have let him on campus regardless of his grades.

For a small community college in a dirt poor community in Mississippi, they've got some killer uniform combinations and nice facilities.

Word is that Independence Community College in Kansas will be the team documented in season 3.

John Franklin III from season 1 is leaving Auburn to head to FAU. Definitely didn't have the QB skills to play FBS football and clearly didn't want to use his athleticism to try a position change.

There's no question this dynamo is attracting all these transfers with his dynamic personality, displayed in full in this hype video.

John Franklin III from season 1 is leaving Auburn to head to FAU. Definitely didn't have the QB skills to play FBS football and clearly didn't want to use his athleticism to try a position change.
He actually switched to WR during spring ball at Auburn. I imagine that's where he'll play at FAU as DJ is a more poilished QB.

He actually switched to WR during spring ball at Auburn. I imagine that's where he'll play at FAU as DJ is a more poilished QB.
I probably should've checked that before I posted haha. I was just basing off of the last I had heard of him and being QB2 for Auburn at one point. There's no way he was going to be able to read SEC defenses. His athleticism should be great at FAU.

I probably should've checked that before I posted haha. I was just basing off of the last I had heard of him and being QB2 for Auburn at one point. There's no way he was going to be able to read SEC defenses. His athleticism should be great at FAU.
I literally just read it today. Lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom