Last game vs Duke | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Last game vs Duke

The only difference is we’ve played non conference games. It’s the same defense.
The way the guys move and shift is a lot more instinctual now. They look smooth and are getting out on the guards better. Looks more sophisticated than earlier in the season vs Duke. Just my opinion

The way the guys move and shift is a lot more instinctual now. They look smooth and are getting out on the guards better. Looks more sophisticated than earlier in the season vs Duke. Just my opinion
It DOES look better. Nobody can deny that. I think they're making a more concerted effort to deny the post and teams unfamiliar with the zone don't know what to do when that area is sealed off. Playing to deny the post, however, means the 3-ball is open early in the shot clock - and unfortunately Duke will not hesitate to fire away if that's what we give them. Post entry probably won't be a challenge for them either because they have length and wingspan to open up the passing lanes. Like we have all speculated earlier, we need to tweak the zone to give them the foul-line jumper and deny everything else. It's the only chance we have to keep this game in the 50s/60s.

Duke also put on a mini press against us. Real smart idea. We are offensively challenged and with a press we don't get into our offense unit there is 20 seconds on the clock. I am surprised more teams didnt copy K's blueprint against us. The issue will be us scoring on the Dukies. Their zone is real long and has Bagley and Carter grabbing all the boards. Cuse needs to hit shots to make this a game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom