Last years team vs Clemson | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Last years team vs Clemson

Really???
Yes. You're going to get to see it for yourself if you make the trip in November (I wouldn't recommend it). Definitely don't bring kids. Ask some other fans of ACC teams who the worst is and you're almost always going to hear Maryland.

I hate this place a lot of the time. Lemon and sales were torchered here for 2 years for not being fast enough, strong enough, can't beat man press coverage. Hackett was crucified here as well for 2 years up until the last 6-7 weeks of his time here. Now, we look back at what was a productive offense like the glory years!

Let's wait and see what McDonald does against our true competition moving forward. Do people really believe its a level playing field versus Clemson? Look at their budget, facilities, etc. I am sure they are cheating a lot worse than we are too. Its how the south operates when it comes to football. It's pretty well established fact. I know Clemson fans will come on here defending the cleanliness of the cesspool but it is what it is. We want a really good team, donors need to pay for it or we just need to find a great great coach who can mask many many weaknesses on a weekly basis.

That's the reality of it has nothing to do with play calling!!!
Can you say "Loser's mentality"?

last years team probably runs it better keeping Clemson's o on the sideline more while also opening up the passing attack a little for lemon and sales but we still lose 35-21

Can you say "Loser's mentality"?

Simple economics really, I am not really too worried about it. How I think or what my mentality is had nothing to do with the outcome of the game.

I think you guys underestimate what money can bring to a football program

PTG had 12 less yards receiving than a dead man.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
that's on mcdonald

spent the whole first quarter throwing the ball backwards to set up some trickery for when we were down a hundred

I hate this place a lot of the time. Lemon and sales were torchered here for 2 years for not being fast enough, strong enough, can't beat man press coverage. Hackett was crucified here as well for 2 years up until the last 6-7 weeks of his time here. Now, we look back at what was a productive offense like the glory years!

Let's wait and see what McDonald does against our true competition moving forward. Do people really believe its a level playing field versus Clemson? Look at their budget, facilities, etc. I am sure they are cheating a lot worse than we are too. Its how the south operates when it comes to football. It's pretty well established fact. I know Clemson fans will come on here defending the cleanliness of the cesspool but it is what it is. We want a really good team, donors need to pay for it or we just need to find a great great coach who can mask many many weaknesses on a weekly basis.

That's the reality of it has nothing to do with play calling!!!
i agree with almost everything but forward passes are better than backwards passes

Clemson is going to be a NC contender type team assuming they win out. Our team last year, this early in the season would have struggled. I really don't like moral victories if that what this thread is all about.

Lemon ran excellent routes and was too strong to press when healthy, Sales had a savvy way of finding holes in zone defenses, and Shamarko would've solved a lot of the secondary woes with his experience and speed.

Curious if Clemson would've game planned a bit differently if they didn't see our safeties getting beaten like they stole something all year? We would've been better with them but as the Clemson poster stated, they would've been better if they could pick a few players to return as well.

Shamarko doesn't let us get beat deep as often. Slightly better pass rush. A little more bend-but-don't-break defense leads to a few more fieldgoals instead of touchdowns. Craftier receivers, better offensive line, and more experienced quarterback lets us score a few more. WE WIN 38-30! I'm kidding, we lose 37-24.

As for the "they cheat more than us", it's reasonable to believe that all elite teams (of which the ACC finally has some) engage in some skirting of the rules. Just best to assume its happening than pretend it isn't.

However, when you are talking about a Clemson or FSU vs. Syracuse or Wake or BC, there is so much within the rules separating them that it's not even worth bringing up as differentiator. I don't know if some of you have a firm idea what kind of resources are being brought to bear on football at a place like Clemson. They've got two 7-figure coordinators for God's sake. Whatever cheating that might go on at a Clemson or FSU is to get an advantage over each other and their SEC peers, not to separate from Syracuse.

Point being, you can work away at closing that legitimate gap over time (if the desire and committment is actually there) before you ever have to throw up your hands with "we don't cheat so we can't compete."

As for the "they cheat more than us", it's reasonable to believe that all elite teams (of which the ACC finally has some) engage in some skirting of the rules. Just best to assume its happening than pretend it isn't.

However, when you are talking about a Clemson or FSU vs. Syracuse or Wake or BC, there is so much within the rules separating them that it's not even worth bringing up as differentiator. I don't know if some of you have a firm idea what kind of resources are being brought to bear on football at a place like Clemson. They've got two 7-figure coordinators for God's sake. Whatever cheating that might go on at a Clemson or FSU is to get an advantage over each other and their SEC peers, not to separate from Syracuse.

Point being, you can work away at closing that legitimate gap over time (if the desire and committment is actually there) before you ever have to throw up your hands with "we don't cheat so we can't compete."

The point is Lou if they are doing it to separate from their peers and already have better means than us to begin with that only furthers the gap between an SU and Clemson ... not really that hard to understand.