late 80s/early 90s SYracuse Basket ball Billy Joel parody | Syracusefan.com

late 80s/early 90s SYracuse Basket ball Billy Joel parody

adk(roc)CUSE

All Conference
Been trying to find something and was hoping someone on the board could help me out. Tried using google with no success. I remember in the late 80s or early 90s one of the local Syracuse radio stations came out with a parody of Billy Joel's "we didn't start the fire." I believe it was entitled "the Orangemen are on fire." I am trying to find it online with no luck. I remember in this time period some band name Dollar Bill used to do Syracuse songs for one of the radio stations but I am not sure if it was them that did this one. I've had the main line stuck in my head for days now (to the tune of "we didn't start thew fire"):

Providence, BC, Uconn huskies, Villanova's Massamino, Pitt and Seton Hall. St John's Red Men, Louie's got em back again, Georgetown Hoyas blown away, the Orangemen go all the way"

Does anyone else recall this song and/or have any idea where I could locate it? Thanks in advance and

BEAT GEORGETOWN

Been trying to find something and was hoping someone on the board could help me out. Tried using google with no success. I remember in the late 80s or early 90s one of the local Syracuse radio stations came out with a parody of Billy Joel's "we didn't start the fire." I believe it was entitled "the Orangemen are on fire." I am trying to find it online with no luck. I remember in this time period some band name Dollar Bill used to do Syracuse songs for one of the radio stations but I am not sure if it was them that did this one. I've had the main line stuck in my head for days now (to the tune of "we didn't start thew fire"):

Providence, BC, Uconn huskies, Villanova's Massamino, Pitt and Seton Hall. St John's Red Men, Louie's got em back again, Georgetown Hoyas blown away, the Orangemen go all the way"

Does anyone else recall this song and/or have any idea where I could locate it? Thanks in advance and

BEAT GEORGETOWN

I seem to remember Y94 doing similar SU-based parodies around that time, though the only specific one I can recall was something like "No Stoppin' The Cuse" to the tune of Billy Joel's "Matter of Trust."

BEAT GEORGETOWN

Absolutely remember that! Ive mentioned it at least once on here in past seasons, and nobody was able to help. I do think I may have it on VHS from WTVH with some highlights, somewhere. It kind of bugged me that with all of these superfans, nobody had uploaded the video to youtube, but youve got me thinking that even an mp3 audio would be cool. I wish I could like your post more than once(on this account ;) ), and hope you get more help than I did. Thanks man!

Orangemen are on fire, theyve got the heart, and theyve got desire!