Latest Bracketology... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Latest Bracketology...

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

East, with the following teams:

2 Ohio State
4 Kentucky
5 Louisville

The 4 and 5 scare me in the top half of the bracket. F Ohio State. Kentucky has struggled some, I know, but there's so much talent there that by March, it could be a vastly different, much better team. And Louisville? Thanks, but I'd like to avoid the one coach who knows how to play a JB coached team better than anyone who, oh yeah, is also the defending champ whose season has been a little disappointing.
I would love to see Kentucky v SU for an SU "home game". We've seen what happens to experienced teams in front of raucous Cuse crowds... imagine all those freshman showing up and being shell shocked at the see of Orange.. BRING IT!

IMO, the only schools that could potential turn MSG from an overwhelmingly pro-SU crowd to a neutral type environment are Duke and Kentucky. Kentucky fans travel ridiculously well, and Duke isn't called the "University of New Jersey at Durham" for no reason. Kentucky is a team I think our zone would confuse, but I would prefer them in Wisconsin's bracket. I think Kentucky may end up in the Indy bracket when everything is said and done. The SEC is bad and IMO one of Kentucky/Florida may work themselves up to the 2 line in Indy. I don't see Iowa State staying on the 2 line, but liking ending up on the 3 line.

This bracket though is awful. Glockner and Palm have Duke as a 6 seed and San Diego State as Poppy said no worse than a 4 seed. I think the 1 seeds are pretty much locked up assuming we take care of our business. If Syracuse slips then maybe the 4th 1 seed becomes open.

2 B1G teams, Arizona, Syracuse.

I don't see Louisville doing better than a 5. That team is in some turmoil right now. Losing gorgui dieng is a far bigger deal than most expected. He was their team last year, without him they were elite 8 at best. Very similar to us in 12 without fab.

This Louisville team is broken right now, and I think an 8/9 is just as likely as a 4/5 seed right now.

i'll say it AGAIN...for many many reasons i will miss the big east, one of them being the rpi boost that was inevitable each year

The RPI is irrelevant. We will likely be a one if we win the ACC.

With the exception of last year every ACC champ has been a one seed going back to 03. And Duke was a two last year and 03.

Ohio State only scares me because you know in an Elite 8 matchup, Craft would be allowed to do whatever he wants because he's an "elite defender".

This year, I have no problems seeing Louisville in a matchup to get to the E8 or F4. The last few years, we've played them well and they've had great talent. Two tight games last season and one tight game until a lot of hand checking started going on.

This year, with limited hand checking, and no Gorgi in the middle, I wouldn't mind it at all since I'm confident that JB know Rick, too, and they just aren't as good as us this year...

Now, I'd get annoyed with having to play Uconn or Gtown or whomever in the #1 vs 8/9 or 2 vs 7/10 because there, the familiarity is a negative in having to beat them just to get to the S16. I'd rather have a 8/9, 7/10 that has a lot of athletes that likes to run but will have no clue what to do with a zone.

As far as the ACC is concerned, but the committee I'm sure doesn't view it that way

yup. if we win acc regular season i think we're a lock 1 seed regardless of what happens in acc tourny.

Honestly, I feel the pool for 1 seeds this year is smaller than usual because several teams have good resumes, and unless they fall on their faces during conference play their isn't much of a discussion.

Tier 1-Potential 1 seeds for me: Arizona, Florida,Iowa State, Oklahoma State, Michigan State, Ohio State, Syracuse, Wisconsin.

Tier 2- Kentucky, Wichita State, Kansas, Baylor, Villanova.
The 1 seeds won't come from anyone else unless ne of these teams run the table. These teams IMO seem to be in contention for 2 seeds at best.

Tier 3-Cincinnati, Colorado, Duke, Iowa, Memphis, Missouri, Pittsburgh Oregon, San Diego State, UCLA, UMass.

Tier still sucks: Georgetown

Bracketology is so much easier to do yourself these days then listen to Lunardi the top teams are obvious and the last 4 is completely subjective and can't be predicted accurately each season its just luck.

Last edited:
yup. if we win acc regular season i think we're a lock 1 seed regardless of what happens in acc tourny.

Yeah at this point, only exception might be if we win it at 13-5 or something and lose in round one of the ACC tournament.
But i think in general the committee likes to have the ones set as early as possible. If we go 14-4 or better int he league and win it outright, it seems hard to think we wouldn't be a 1. Of course there are 2 monthbs for that statement to make me look like an idiot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom