Latest Lunardi/Bracketology SU, KU, Mizzou and MI State 1 seeds | Syracusefan.com

Latest Lunardi/Bracketology SU, KU, Mizzou and MI State 1 seeds

Can't believe he still has UConn in his bracket. With their current play and their losing BE record, I can't see them squeezing in.

Can't believe he still has UConn in his bracket. With their current play and their losing BE record, I can't see them squeezing in.
their computer numbers are very strong, 26 RPI and 1 SOS

they have a fairly easy schedule remaining too, if they go 3-1 in their last 4 and win 1-2 BET games they will be in no problem

their computer numbers are very strong, 26 RPI and 1 SOS

they have a fairly easy schedule remaining too, if they go 3-1 in their last 4 and win 1-2 BET games they will be in no problem

Just with the way they are playing, I can't see them winning that many, but who knows, especially if Calhoun can get back on the bench.

Michigan State gets a #1 seed?

Don't see that happening.
it is going to change every week for the rest of the year, because there are so many teams fighting for that last #1

Just with the way they are playing, I can't see them winning that many, but who knows, especially if Calhoun can get back on the bench.
they have been taking care of teams they should for the most part, playing us again is like a win-win, because losing to us won't hurt them but beating us will clinch it(barring losing every other game), but they should be able to beat Nova(still no wayns), Providence, and Pitt

when all is said and done, imo the 4 #1's will be su, uk, missouri and either unc or kansas.

they have been taking care of teams they should for the most part, playing us again is like a win-win, because losing to us won't hurt them but beating us will clinch it(barring losing every other game), but they should be able to beat Nova(still no wayns), Providence, and Pitt

they're 3-7 in their last 10. If they handle those three, it will put them 5-5, but it would put them at 9-9 and probably enough to get in. I would still be nervous if I was a UConn fan.

they're 3-7 in their last 10. If they handle those three, it will put them 5-5, but it would put them at 9-9 and probably enough to get in. I would still be nervous if I was a UConn fan.
I agree, just saying that sitting at #26 RPI they surprisingly still have some wiggle room

I want no part of that K-State team on the 8-9 matchup

when all is said and done, imo the 4 #1's will be su, uk, missouri and either unc or kansas.
generally agree, but can also see the committee going out of its way to reward the team that emerges as the best of the big10 (i.e. the perceived consensus #1 conference this year)

Guys, not to be a grammar nazi, but...

UK = Kentucky
KU = Kansas

I'd love to see UConn get the 8/9 seed in Kentucky's region.

The bubble is extremely weak.

They are 100% safe at 9-9 in conference. They might even get in at 8-10. They will have a better RPI then most bubble teams, as well as a better top 50 record then almost everybody on the bubble. There was no major blemishes for them OOC and it was not flooded with really bad teams -- pus it included wins against FSU and Harvard.

Agree with you Bees on the first three. If MichSt. wins out that could make it interesting for #1 pick against UNC and KU.

i doubt both missouri and kansas will get 1's. remember they play each other again, so chalk up another L to 1 of them, and if its kansas theres no way they get a 1 seed, they have 5 losses already. i think kansas has to run the table to get a 1.

in the end i think it will be cuse, kentucky, missouri and unc/duke.

Syracuse
Kentucky
Missouri
Michigan St

would be my guess, based on the fact analyst all year have said Big 10 is the best conference and if they stay hot and win conference they should get the 1.

The Big 10 is widely regarded as the top conference this year, top to bottom. I think if there's a clear winner, that team will be rewarded with a 1.

Most interesting case will be South Florida. 10-4 in Big East, but week OOC schedule and record.

Most interesting case will be South Florida. 10-4 in Big East, but week OOC schedule and record.
they had a relatively easy in conference schedule to this point, and could easily lose their last 5 games