Latest Lunardi: Virginia #2 in the East | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Latest Lunardi: Virginia #2 in the East

Why is duke a 2 seed by lunardi but a 4-5 seed by palm? Just curious because I have no clue about "bracketology".

I think their is not much separating the bottom of the 2 line to the end of the 4 line.

Duke is not a 2 in my view either... but an argument can be for or against Duke vs anybody on the 3/4 line.

I think their is not much separating the bottom of the 2 line to the end of the 4 line.

Duke is not a 2 in my view either... but an argument can be for or against Duke vs anybody on the 3/4 line.

7 losses, including a below average road/neutral record is no two seed to me. Also we beat four of the teams that beat them. If they end up ahead of us with more losses I am going to scream.

With the "lighter" bracket rules... no need to worry about conference mates meeting until the elite 8 anymore (unless a top 4 seed), it will be easier to complete a bracket.

I have also heard that brackets are not typically made until early Sunday afternoon. They spend the rest of the weekend ranking teams and determining who is in.

If Wisconsin / Virginia / SU are all in play entering the ACC/B10 title games there would be too many contingencies -- I think they would wait. I suspect the only contingency they would draw up would be for the B10 game, as it ends later.

7 losses, including a below average road/neutral record is no two seed to me.

I referred to the bottom of the 2 line... as in spot #8 of the s-curve which is currently occupied by Michigan per the Bracket Matrix.. although I personally would have Syracuse as #8 and Michigan as #9.

Michigan also has 7 losses, lost at Duke, and has a more terrible loss vs Charlotte. It does have a better road/neutral record as you indicate. While I have Duke below Michigan, they are very comparable resumes.

where does UNC fall now.. they could easily beat duke tonight and win the ACC next week. are they not a top 4 seed now? if they win tonight that makes duke the 4th seed from the ACC

where does UNC fall now.. they could easily beat duke tonight and win the ACC next week. are they not a top 4 seed now? if they win tonight that makes duke the 4th seed from the ACC

They are around 4/5 now... 17th per the bracket matrix.

In my view if UNC wins out it would get the top spot in the ACC. (somewhere on the 2 line). Let's see what happens tonight.

I don't know this stuff like you folks, but if Virginia is a #2 seed, likely why wouldn't they put them in the South Region?

highest rated 2 seeds get closest available region to them Virginia is #7 OR 8 or s curve right now. The east region is its closest region by miles. One thing is becoming clear in my mock brackets whoever is #8 on s curve is getting shipped out west .

my updated top 4 by region:
east:
1-Villanova
2-Virginia
3-Iowa state
4- Michigan St

south:
1- Florida
2- Kansas
3- Duke
4- San Diego St

west:
1- Arizona
2- Michigan
3-Creighton
4- north Carolina

Midwest:
1- Wichita State
2- Wisconsin
3- Syracuse
4- Cincinnati

I don't know this stuff like you folks, but if Virginia is a #2 seed, likely why wouldn't they put them in the South Region?

highest rated 2 seeds get closest available region to them Virginia is #7 OR 8 or s curve right now. The east region is its closest region by miles. One thing is becoming clear in my mock brackets whoever is #8 on s curve is getting shipped out west .

east:
1-Villanova
2-Virginia
3-Iowa state
4- Michigan St

south:
1- Florida
2- Kansas
3- Duke
4- San Diego St

west:
1- Arizona
2- Michigan
3-Creighton
4- north Carolina

Midwest:
1- Wichita State
2- Wisconsin
3- Syracuse
4- Cincinnati

if North Carolina beats Duke tonight I am moving them to a 3 while dropping Duke to a 4

so stupid. Why does UVA get the East? Lets see how they do in the tourney

I like your list but I'm surprised not to see Louisville on it. They look very impressive right now. Where do you have them?

I think it's way to early to call this! IMO, both Nova and Virginia lose in their conference tourneys

So please explain how Marquette and SU were the 3 and 4 seeds in the East last year.

They changed the rule this year, last year it was top 3 teams from a conference had to be separated, now it's top 4, if they are all top 4 seeds.

East Regional site (MSG) is closer to their campus than the South site.

I like your list but I'm surprised not to see Louisville on it. They look very impressive right now. Where do you have them?

Louisville is a 5 right now but if they win conference tourney they could slide up to a 3 or 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DolphinDad

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom