Latest mock draft: Cuse 0, Yukon 4 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Latest mock draft: Cuse 0, Yukon 4

If UConn wins another chip this year and sends a couple of kids to the league, they will have a great chance of challenging Duke, Kentucky and Kansas for the best recruits. Kentucky is losing its grip the past few years. Let's see if Scheyer can get kids to go to Duke a few years removed from K's shadow and influence on the program.
Rumor is Hurley wants to go to the NBA eventually and UConn doesn’t have the salary cap those schools do.

Scoot, Thompson Twin 1, Thompson Twin 2, Leonard Miller, Jaden Hardy, Jalen Green, Kuminga, Isaiah Todd, LeMelo Ball, RJ Hampton since 2020.

Put those guys into college basketball. It would have made for a better product. Just like the 1 year from Cade Cunningham, the 1 year from Paolo, etc
Sure but it's still 10 dudes in 5 classes. Of course it would have been better to have more high end kids playing college but it's still fairly negligible in why the product isn't very good. Honestly though, some of them could have made the game worse just coming in and ruining a team by trying to score 25 a night.

Sure but it's still 10 dudes in 5 classes. Of course it would have been better to have more high end kids playing college but it's still fairly negligible in why the product isn't very good. Honestly though, some of them could have made the game worse just coming in and ruining a team by trying to score 25 a night.
The product overall, I agree.

I'm looking at it from the flipping through the channels "Hey, Alabama is on, let me watch Brandon Miller" angle that college basketball doesnt have outside of like 1 guy every other year.

NIL might kill the Ignite. At least that’s what Silver was kind of insinuating over the weekend.

Right. NIL has allowed young players to make a lot of money while they play college ball and work on improving their skills. The most talented young kids can make more money with NIL than they can with the NBA's salary cap to Ignite players. That is why Adam Silver is is talking about ending Ignite.
Might be comparing apples to oranges here, i.e. college basketball to college football, but I remember reading in the NYTimes The Athletic sports section during the mega-hype buildup to the Super Bowl, that there were 17 college football players making more money via NIL deals than Brock Purdy was making under his NFL contract as the STARTING QUARTERBACK of the Super Bowl bound SF 49ers. Wow!

Now I know there are going to be snarky, "Purdy should get a better agent" comments, but remember he was a first year player picked last in the NFL draft. He got what he got because that is where the market was . . . and he is stuck with that contract for another two years. That'll teach him to over-achieve in year one.

Anyway, the real point is that NCAA sports has been absolutely turned on its head over the past five to ten years. The amount of money being offered by TV/cable/stand alone streamers (Apple, Prime etc) has grown like a mushroom cloud. Kids in school are only recently being offered a taste of that money and colleges, their boosters, and local sponsors are still trying figuring out how to best leverage their money to land the best talent. And look at what the hell all this dough is doing to conferences . . . PAC 10, what's that?

Then throw the transfer portal into the equation and you basically have even the lesser talented players behaving as free agents in a professional league. They don't like the coach? Outta here! Don't like the number of minutes their playing? Bye! Not happy with the role or position they are assigned? Toodles!

I just don't know if college sports is ever going to land on its feet in the sense that the major sports find a new equilibrium and some sense of stability returns. Today there is no such things as three or four years to recruit and build a team. Each season brings a stand-alone team that comes together for a year and then is replaced the next season with mostly a new bunch of recruits, plus portal jumpers. It's no wonder a number of older talented coaches are giving up the bench for cushy TV jobs . . . I'm thinking first and foremost of a guy like Jay Wright. Can't believe he wouldn't have stuck around longer save for this new madness.

All that said, don't know if this is sour grapes cause Cuse seems to be swirling the drain for several years running, or if TV/cable/streamer money and the transfer portal have irretrievably broken college sports. Probably a bit of both cause I'm sure if I was a UCONN fan I'm feeling pretty excited about March Madness.

Bottom line, tonight I'm going to watch the Cuse-NC State game NOT with the sense of excitement that Syracuse BB used to bring in late-February when we were relevant. Nope, now it just gives me a good excuse to tell my wife I'm watching the game, sit in peace on the couch, and enjoy a martini.

My how expectations change over time.

Might be comparing apples to oranges here, i.e. college basketball to college football, but I remember reading in the NYTimes The Athletic sports section during the mega-hype buildup to the Super Bowl, that there were 17 college football players making more money via NIL deals than Brock Purdy was making under his NFL contract as the STARTING QUARTERBACK of the Super Bowl bound SF 49ers. Wow!

Now I know there are going to be snarky, "Purdy should get a better agent" comments, but remember he was a first year player picked last in the NFL draft. He got what he got because that is where the market was . . . and he is stuck with that contract for another two years. That'll teach him to over-achieve in year one.
No, THIS is where the market is. He's stuck with an NFL contract. He's allowed to make money on his NIL.

JB was 27 and 27 against Calhoun. He was 26 and 4 against PJ. Once again that poster makes things up.
I reme.ber an insane winning streak against The Hall. They did have one year when they had a huge center and won the BET I think that they did well against us. I remember being in absolute shock when we lost to them, worse than the disaster v. DePaul. UCONN was a good game once Calhoun git going, not the Georgetown rivalry but a good one.

During our time in the big east, we had by far the best record all time. It wasn't really close. Were those all garbage wins as well?
Straw meet man

I will gladly take our Fab 5 Sophomores of Judah, JJ, Malik, Q and Bell back next year.

Don’t get me wrong we need a lot more pieces around them but I’m not mad at seeing Judahs name not mentioned as a guaranteed NBA Draft pic for the upcoming draft, just yet. Another year will do him good in college much like we said last season.

But there was no Yukon basketball until Calhoun got there. Amazing you could look at this attached list and Yukon is nowhere to be found. Yet, Cuse is #5 , right behind the four blue bloods.

Hopefully, someday soon, our program is up top again where historically it belongs.

Sooo… that is an official NCAA website and it gives us credit for the vacated wins..? If you account for the vacated wins I believe we are sub 2,000 and in 7th overall.

Scoot, Thompson Twin 1, Thompson Twin 2, Leonard Miller, Jaden Hardy, Jalen Green, Kuminga, Isaiah Todd, LeMelo Ball, RJ Hampton since 2020.

Put those guys into college basketball. It would have made for a better product. Just like the 1 year from Cade Cunningham, the 1 year from Paolo, etc
Dyson Daniels as well