Latest mock draft: Cuse 0, Yukon 4 | Syracusefan.com

Latest mock draft: Cuse 0, Yukon 4

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
Good news is that maybe we can keep our core together. Bad news is that Yukon is kicking our butt recruiting. Not like we didn't already know that. Lots of foreign dudes up top and a bunch of 19 year olds that haven't done much of anything.

been that way for a long while. rudy gay , donnyell marshall anyone.
in college recruiting the rich get richer is the rule.

been that way for a long while. rudy gay , donnyell marshall anyone.
in college recruiting the rich get richer is the rule.
But there was no Yukon basketball until Calhoun got there. Amazing you could look at this attached list and Yukon is nowhere to be found. Yet, Cuse is #5 , right behind the four blue bloods.

Hopefully, someday soon, our program is up top again where historically it belongs.

i remember when the BE formed initially you could pencil in a win against seton hall and Uconn. THEN THINGS CHANGED ! ( p.j and calhoun) and within a few years both programs could kick our butts any given night.

But there was no Yukon basketball until Calhoun got there. Amazing you could look at this attached list and Yukon is nowhere to be found. Yet, Cuse is #5 , right behind the four blue bloods.

Hopefully, someday soon, our program is up top again where historically it belongs.

Calhoun got there 38 years ago. That means the dads of kids we‘re recruiting only know UConn as a very winning program.

Last edited:
The talent in college hoops has been diluted by elite prep players going straight to playing in pro leagues overseas or the NBA's G League Ignite. The monopoly that colleges once held over young elite prospects was altered by these developments. The emergence of NIL payments to college athletes allows these players to stay in school longer and improve their game before turning pro. I expect we will see an increase in the number of top players deciding to remain in college to work on developing their skills this year like Zach Edey did this season. This year's NBA draft is shaping up to be one of the weakest in recent memory and a lot of uncertainty surrounds the actual talent of many of the young players who are going to be drafted this June.

Last edited:
Calhoun got there 38 years ago. That means the dads of kids were recruiting only know UConn as a very winning program.
If you look at that list, 5 through 9 are Cuse, UCLA, Temple, St John's and Notre Dame. Not a lot of great things to say over the last ten years for any of those schools.

But, thank you Fishy for that info (Lol!!!). No doubt Calhoun changed that program and it's won after he has left, which is more impressive. But, like I said above, hopefully we can get to the top again.

Going back to the Big East revived a moribund UConn hoops program and supercharged its recruiting. Very dumb move by the small Catholic schools to let a big state U in with multiple times the resources and facilities any of these schools have -- was a colossal mistake. UConn will dominate the conference.

Hurley might be the best coach going right now. He gets kids who are highly-touted but still want to be pushed and they trust him to get them where they want to be. Total buy-in throughout the program.

Good news is that maybe we can keep our core together. Bad news is that Yukon is kicking our butt recruiting. Not like we didn't already know that. Lots of foreign dudes up top and a bunch of 19 year olds that haven't done much of anything.

FWIW, the foreign dudes and 19 year olds have been the norm at the top of the draft for awhile now...and for the most part are most or the players that keep a spot going forward...but hopeful the success of a guy like Jaquez has had this year will open the door for the older players going pro.

i remember when the BE formed initially you could pencil in a win against seton hall and Uconn. THEN THINGS CHANGED ! ( p.j and calhoun) and within a few years both programs could kick our butts any given night.
?? What is our record against the Hall after P.J got to the Hall? My memory is that we still dominated them. The year they played for the national title, I believe we beat them 3 times. As far as UConn, I think the head to head between Calhoun and JB was pretty split.

Once seton hall got Franz Volcey it was over

The talent in college hoops has been diluted by elite prep players going straight to playing in pro leagues overseas or the NBA's G League Ignite.

Interesting enough, Adam Silver had some things to say about the future of the Ignite. More talent might be coming back to college basketball.

?? What is our record against the Hall after P.J got to the Hall? My memory is that we still dominated them. The year they played for the national title, I believe we beat them 3 times. As far as UConn, I think the head to head between Calhoun and JB was pretty split.
JB was 27 and 27 against Calhoun. He was 26 and 4 against PJ. Once again that poster makes things up.

Hurley might be the best coach going right now. He gets kids who are highly-touted but still want to be pushed and they trust him to get them where they want to be. Total buy-in throughout the program.
There program feels very similar to our 2009-2014 run with the type of player they are getting. It’s with the top guys after the blue chip players that the Duke’s and Kentucky’s of the world get. Those type of players working hard and playing together and with these type of players hitting their stride in year 2 and 3 can win championships and earn their players draft picks. We had a lot of unfortunate events happen that prevented us from getting a championship during that 2009-2014 run.

25 wins yearly with nothing to show for it?
More than most schools we played garbage non-con schools. Only Georgetown was worse with their St Leo’s

The talent in college hoops has been diluted by elite prep players going straight to playing in pro leagues overseas or the NBA's G League Ignite. The monopoly that colleges once held over young elite prospects was altered by these developments. The emergence of NIL payments to college athletes allows these players to stay in school longer and improve their game before turning pro. I expect we will see an increase in the number of top players deciding to remain in college to work on developing their skills this year like Zach Edey did this season. This year's NBA draft is shaping up to be one of the weakest in recent memory and a lot of uncertainty surrounds the actual talent of many of the young players who are going to be drafted this June.
Think you're talking about what people thought might occur rather than what actually has. There's been a grand total of 3 top 25 kids over the 2022-2024 classes that have went to the Ignite and 0 have went pro overseas. College hoops stinks because AAU kids just play a billion games from the time they're 8 years old and don't master any skillset that isn't appealing on youtube.

Think you're talking about what people thought might occur rather than what actually has. There's been a grand total of 3 top 25 kids over the 2022-2024 classes that have went to the Ignite and 0 have went pro overseas. College hoops stinks because AAU kids just play a billion games from the time they're 8 years old and don't master any skillset that isn't appealing on youtube.
Right. NIL has allowed young players to make a lot of money while they play college ball and work on improving their skills. The most talented young kids can make more money with NIL than they can with the NBA's salary cap to Ignite players. That is why Adam Silver is is talking about ending Ignite.

If UConn wins another chip this year and sends a couple of kids to the league, they will have a great chance of challenging Duke, Kentucky and Kansas for the best recruits. Kentucky is losing its grip the past few years. Let's see if Scheyer can get kids to go to Duke a few years removed from K's shadow and influence on the program.

Scoot, Thompson Twin 1, Thompson Twin 2, Leonard Miller, Jaden Hardy, Jalen Green, Kuminga, Isaiah Todd, LeMelo Ball, RJ Hampton since 2020.

Put those guys into college basketball. It would have made for a better product. Just like the 1 year from Cade Cunningham, the 1 year from Paolo, etc