LaVar Bell’s new league | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

LaVar Bell’s new league

Im curioous how many of the naysayers would be saying the same things if it was someone other than Big Balls(tm) (or me, lol) who came up with the idea?

I think you are under estimating how bad this could be. The best possibility is that Lavar is again just spouting crap off the top of his head. I could make a fricken website! Also best possibility is that Lavar gives up this stupid notion before the new year. A Worst outcome would be Lavar actually attempting this and costing someone else's kids their chance for a free education.
How exactly would Lavar be costing other people's kids the opportunity for a free education? Would he round them up in a seedy old van and then force them to play basketball against their will?

Im curioous how many of the naysayers would be saying the same things if it was someone other than Big Balls(tm) (or me, lol) who came up with the idea?
Because Loudmouth LaVar is involved, their odds of being successful are such that a snowball in Hell would have to give them points. If someone who actually knew the business of running a league made the announcement sitting between Warren Buffett and T. Boone Pickens, who both had out their checkbooks and pens, then folks would be less skeptical of its potential for success. They would still think the odds were against success, but they would be galactically better without LaVar's being involved.

Because Loudmouth LaVar is involved, their odds of being successful are such that a snowball in Hell would have to give them points. If someone who actually knew the business of running a league made the announcement sitting between Warren Buffett and T. Boone Pickens, who both had out their checkbooks and pens, then folks would be less skeptical of its potential for success. They would still think the odds were against success, but they would be galactically better without LaVar's being involved.

Dont get me wrong, I see where youre coming from. Believe me though, Big Baller's balls arent big enough to pull this off as a sole proprietor, and I doubt those folks backing any such idea would leave him making all the calls. I'm not a big fan of monopolies, which more often than not take away from consumer experience and savings...and often away from players' interests too. I dont expect to get a lot of likes for saying so, but that isnt why I post, and I still think I do well enough in that regard.

If they were good they would have been drafted. Maybe the dropouts because of academics etc or who didn't get drafted after declaring but what market is there for people to even spend money to watch? No tv Appeal. Well it's his money to spend and guarantees his son's will have a league to play in.

Is it his money, or is it his kid's money that will be funding this?

if you think this idea is driven by anything other than self interest you've got bats in the ballfry.