LAX Action for Apr 1-4 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

LAX Action for Apr 1-4

This has gotten a little boring. I wasn't expecting that.

Anyone who analyzes this game in the coming days without acknowledging the complete lack of friction is not worth your time.

That Anderson goal wasn’t a bad read of a pick the dude just slipped!

Don’t think I like that timeout there. 6 seconds left you’re going to get something better?

Tough break for UNC, that last Gray shot was abysmal

I couldnt watch all that closely, but Adler stood out to me as very good in this game. No?

These ACC Thursday Night Showcases are going to be such a big recruiting tool. Now, if only we could scrap the navy unis/helmets :rolleyes:
Honestly though, how much better can these teams recruit? Right now it looks like the ACC, Maryland, a disciplined Army team, Denver, and Lehigh with its insane FOGO. Everyone else is a clear cut below (maybe Georgetown will creep in [:vomit:]). The Ivies lost ground this year, likely substantially.

Last edited:
What was expected to be an offensive shootout ended up being a defensive struggle - both defenses were surprisingly strong. Goalies were very solid although the shooters were misfiring largely due to the defensive pressure I think.
Neither Sowers nor Gray were standouts either visually or on the stat sheet. Robertson was clearly the offensive star. I didn't think UNC's offense could look almost ordinary but they did and they looked rattled.

really?
Yeah, you're right. My son is in the hospital. I'm seeing everything through that lens. Actually, a damn good game. A better rendering of my take tonight is that I wasn't expecting a defensive stuggle.

Yeah, you're right. My son is in the hospital. I'm seeing everything through that lens. Actually, a damn good game. A better rendering of my take tonight is that I wasn't expecting a defensive stuggle.
Sorry to hear about your son. Hope he gets better soon!

The complete lack of friction stole the show yesterday. The guy UNC had on Sowers was doing a great job, but the only reason for the total clamps 1v1 is that sowers struggled to plant his pivot foot properly. Nobody could really beat their man 1v1 for a stretch in the 3rd and 4th. This game plays out very differently on dry turf.

I came away more scared of UNC, as they have that combo similar to us and MD of offensive depth and solid motion offense ball movement. Their first middie line is right up there with ours. Cook when he is on is a nightmare matchup. Heck of a game for him yesterday, but wish they would call a ward on him just once. Also UNC is a very impressive team in the middle of the field overall. #20, Matt Wright, is an insanely fast Kennedy style LSM. Dearth and Kennedy being strong in the clearing game and on the wing will be key.

The complete lack of friction stole the show yesterday. The guy UNC had on Sowers was doing a great job, but the only reason for the total clamps 1v1 is that sowers struggled to plant his pivot foot properly. Nobody could really beat their man 1v1 for a stretch in the 3rd and 4th. This game plays out very differently on dry turf.

I came away more scared of UNC, as they have that combo similar to us and MD of offensive depth and solid motion offense ball movement. Their first middie line is right up there with ours. Cook when he is on is a nightmare matchup. Heck of a game for him yesterday, but wish they would call a ward on him just once. Also UNC is a very impressive team in the middle of the field overall. #20, Matt Wright, is an insanely fast Kennedy style LSM. Dearth and Kennedy being strong in the clearing game and on the wing will be key.
Agree with your comments. I felt that UNC probably should have won that game - misfired on offense many times and took some bad penalties when they were up by 2 goals. Full credit to Duke for playing tough. Objectively, Duke could have and perhaps should have lost the last 2 games. But, all these games really show is that every ACC game is up for grabs IMO.

Carolina is for real for sure. However, they still take bad penalties and make poor decisions. They continually attempted to jam the ball inside to covered men, Gray's last shot was not just bad but ill advised. He had a fresh shot clock, had an open man on adjacent pass, and had no shot back up. His shot was less of a scoring opportunity than a turnover.

except that Duke needed overtime to beat UNC and only beat Syracuse by 1, both in Durham, which makes Duke look fairly beatable.
Excellent point. Still interesting stats. The teams are so close. Duke is beatable for sure

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom