LAX Action for Apr 1-4 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

LAX Action for Apr 1-4

Looks like there’s some drama down in Baltimore, Epstein was indeed benched to start the game today. Not sure in this era of player empowerment benching your best player is the way to go.

The 2019 Big Ten Freshman of the Year, who entered the game leading the offense in goals with 15, did not start at attack for the first time this season and was replaced by senior Luke Shilling (one goal and one assist). Milliman said he desires more consistency from Epstein.

“He just needs to play a little better,” Milliman said. “I don’t think he’s been very consistent lately, and I don’t think he’s been helping us enough. I think he’s a very good player who — when he’s playing well — is great. When he’s not, it’s really tough to struggle with him.

Looks like there’s some drama down in Baltimore, Epstein was indeed benched to start the game today. Not sure in this era of player empowerment benching your best player is the way to go.

The 2019 Big Ten Freshman of the Year, who entered the game leading the offense in goals with 15, did not start at attack for the first time this season and was replaced by senior Luke Shilling (one goal and one assist). Milliman said he desires more consistency from Epstein.

“He just needs to play a little better,” Milliman said. “I don’t think he’s been very consistent lately, and I don’t think he’s been helping us enough. I think he’s a very good player who — when he’s playing well — is great. When he’s not, it’s really tough to struggle with him.
Damn. Tough words for a guy who as far as I can tell has not made a complete total return to his crazy athleticism and burst as a freshman. Dude went from making a teams best long pole look silly to barely getting by shorties this year. Yes he deserves some grief for low percentage shots, but he’s also trying to work back to his old form and should be cut some slack. His shot is about as fast as it was but he seems to need more time to wind up for it. Always have to root for someone clearly recovering from a major injury. Not a fan of the Boeheim routine from Milliman in this situation.

Damn. Tough words for a guy who as far as I can tell has not made a complete total return to his crazy athleticism and burst as a freshman. Dude went from making a teams best long pole look silly to barely getting by shorties this year. Yes he deserves some grief for low percentage shots, but he’s also trying to work back to his old form and should be cut some slack. His shot is about as fast as it was but he seems to need more time to wind up for it. Always have to root for someone clearly recovering from a major injury. Not a fan of the Boeheim routine from Milliman in this situation.

Yeah without knowing Epsteins personality or what's going on inside that locker-room, it will be interesting to see how the rest of the season goes, maybe Epstein decides to play his last 2 years elsewhere?

Donnelly at Drexel (Cuse transfer) looks like a great player, stunning vision and crafty finisher as you would imagine.

You are so right. But so is Milliman. Epstein has played like a shadow of his earlier self. His windup is obvious. His shot from the angle is almost always high to high. When he goes low, he telegraphs the shot. He moves like he is still feeling the effects of the injury. Slow and slower. He can still pass, but because he cannot draw a slide to open space, he has many fewer opportunities. Milliman is young and frustrated by a bad season. Let's see how Epstein responds to his criticism.

You are so right. But so is Milliman. Epstein has played like a shadow of his earlier self. His windup is obvious. His shot from the angle is almost always high to high. When he goes low, he telegraphs the shot. He moves like he is still feeling the effects of the injury. Slow and slower. He can still pass, but because he cannot draw a slide to open space, he has many fewer opportunities. Milliman is young and frustrated by a bad season. Let's see how Epstein responds to his criticism.

It is fair to note that the Big Ten is just playing each other, home and away. Maryland is obviously an outstanding team, that so far none of the other Big Ten teams have been able to beat. Rutgers apparently is a very good team, who has lost to UMd but no one else, although OSU came close this past weekend. So the other Big Ten teams pick up a lot of losses and then beat up each other. OSU has had the best of it being 3-1 outside of the UMd and Rutgers games. The Big Ten teams have no out-of-conference games to pad their records with.

As lacrosse fans, we aren't really used to this scenario and how to analyze it. Further without any out-of-conference games it is hard to compare these teams with the rest of D1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom