LAX Action for Feb 20-24 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

LAX Action for Feb 20-24

Agree on Michigan but I don't see a team in the B10 built to matchup with Maryland. Hopkins can match fogos but not offense and sure as heck not defensively. OSU is probably the closest but even they can't match up offensively. Rutty has a potent O but you will have a huge advantage at the X and Rutty Defensively I don't think has the horses.

It's only one game forbPSU as you noted but only 9 goals against Rutty with Arceri is a bad sign
Maryland does have to take it on the road against all the teams. PSU and OSU will not be easy to beat on the road. Rutgers showed they can defend their home field pretty well.
We'll have to see whether JHU and MIchigan improve as they get more practices under their belt.

Zawada certainly had some nice shots today.

Loyola sloppy on man up, hit the post. Time out. Loyola still has possession.

It’s nice that the Big 10 is only playing conference games in the sense that none of these teams are considered cupcakes (depending on how you view Michigan), but come tournament time it’s going to be very hard to evaluate some of these teams. Like Jeremy said, Maryland looks like the clear front runner (obvious caveat, it’s early) but if your say, Penn State and get four wins from beating Hopkins and Michigan, lose four times to Maryland and Rutgers, and say split with OSU for a .500 record (and say OSU does the same) is that a tournament qualifying resume? I don’t really think so and I think that only leaves two teams from the Big 10 (Maryland and Rutgers) as tourny teams. Just so hard to evaluate these teams when they have a small sample size and they only play each other.
I don't know that Rutgers beating PSU 11-9 at home really convinces me that Rutgers will beat PSU on the road.
The Big Ten does have a 6 team tournament at the end of the season.

Given that the Big Ten is playing just within itself (home and away), if Michigan and JHU totally rollover it could lead to the other 4 Big Ten teams being over .500.

Savio 14-31
I thought wing play favored the Cav's, Loyola missed some scoops. LaSalla scored off a draw but Loyola also scored off a draw when ball shot forward right to Lindley who walked in 1 on 1 with Goalie. Savio just 2 wins from being even, he held his own. Also, he got 2 violations early in second half which definitely hampered him.

Yeah that's quite impressive against any opponent. Maybe the Hoyas are a legit Championship weekend contender?
Has to be at this point. Kirst was not the only offensive weapon on that team. Wish they played a couple acc teams this season.

Has to be at this point. Kirst was not the only offensive weapon on that team. Wish they played a couple acc teams this season.

Would love to get them back on the schedule again, even if it was every couple of years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom