Lax Action for May 2-4 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Lax Action for May 2-4

Really surprised by Marylands collapse here. Think it's time to wonder if they should be on the bubble. Offense is non existent. From up 4 at half to down 2, yikes

After outscoring MD 5-0 in the 3rd qtr, Hop leads MD 8-7 with 13 mins left.

Edit - I thought I hit reply on this 5 minutes ago. :(

7 mins left - Hop 9-7

Really surprised by Marylands collapse here. Think it's time to wonder if they should be on the bubble. Offense is non existent. From up 4 at half to down 2, yikes
On the plus side, if Hop wins this, they probably become a top 10 win for us. On the downside, that would mean they pass us in RPI (currently, we're 10, Hop is 11).

With Hopkins about to win, think there probably a lock. Big game tomorrow is Cornell vs Yale and Loyola vs Army. Need Yale to win and Loyola clearly.

Not sure what's going on with Alex Woodall but the Towson back-up FOGO was dominate tonight.

Why is Maryland looked as a lock.. they have the Penn win and UNC, No way they beat penn if they didnt get them in first game of the ivy season.

Why is Maryland looked as a lock.. they have the Penn win and UNC, No way they beat penn if they didnt get them in first game of the ivy season.

I mean they're not really depending on what happens the rest of the weekend.

I don't know that Maryland is a lock, but they also have wins over top 20 RPI teams: Ohio State and Villanova. Maryland's 4 losses are all to teams in the top 10 RPIs. 11-4 record and a fairly decent SOS.

which is exactly the same as Cornell, except Cornell has towson/Nd wins which are better than OSU/Vill and maryland has losses to PSU/ND/JH/Jh and cornell has PSU/Yale/penn/SU so better losses too..

the rpi rewards them for playing better bad teams not better good teams

i found this interesting

lax bytes

So, I know it was said above that we should root for Loyola today, but if Army loses, we could lose a top 20 win. Army currently at 18 in RPI.

Double-edged sword here.

So, I know it was said above that we should root for Loyola today, but if Army loses, we could lose a top 20 win. Army currently at 18 in RPI.

Double-edged sword here.

Need Loyola to win the Patriot, might lose a top 20 win but its more important we get chalk in that tourney.

as others have said, root against ND and Cornell and we might just get a home game. after all.

which is exactly the same as Cornell, except Cornell has towson/Nd wins which are better than OSU/Vill and maryland has losses to PSU/ND/JH/Jh and cornell has PSU/Yale/penn/SU so better losses too..

the rpi rewards them for playing better bad teams not better good teams

i found this interesting

lax bytes
Maryland's top 2 wins are Penn/OSU.

I don't know that Maryland is a lock, but they also have wins over top 20 RPI teams: Ohio State and Villanova. Maryland's 4 losses are all to teams in the top 10 RPIs. 11-4 record and a fairly decent SOS.

Dang amazing that the numbers show Villanova at 15th in RPI. The yale win doing quite a bit of heavy lifting there as they have 7 losses including to low quality teams like Drexel and Providence. Feels like they should be lower, but the numbers don't lie. MD should most likely still make the tourney. My condolences to you in this deeply troubling time, Zack80.

Maryland's top 2 wins are Penn/OSU.
yeah. typo. but as i said the got penn in game 3 when the ivy was in game 1.. OSU turns out to not mean much. Cornell has ND win late and the towson win and maybe Hobart gets in now. Plus all the better losses

I think Maryland is in.. I just dont see why they are a lock.

Ignoring Cuse's position for the moment and stating up front that I don't like PSU, watching their offense yesterday was something else. As much talent as they have, coaching should be given a lot of the credit for the up-tempo, aggressive and fun way they play

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom