Lax Action for May 2-4 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Lax Action for May 2-4

This is why Loyola losing hurts we dont pass them and another at large is gone. Root like hell for Yale tonight because if Cornell wins were in major trouble.

I can root for Eli. ;)

Hop losing wouldn't hurt either.

I think Notre Dame is in regardless.

Slightly different result at laxbytes (Loyola is 7):

This is why Loyola losing hurts we dont pass them and another at large is gone. Root like hell for Yale tonight because if Cornell wins were in major trouble.
Are we really, though? We are 1/0/3, Cornell would be 1/2/0 (of course, with an opportunity to beat Penn, most likely). And we own the head-to-head. I'm not sure Cornell beating Yale would push them ahead of us in the RPI. We're almost a full .02 ahead of them.

Slightly different result at laxbytes (Loyola is 7):
View attachment 161951

Are we really, though? We are 1/0/3, Cornell would be 1/2/0 (of course, with an opportunity to beat Penn, most likely). And we own the head-to-head. I'm not sure Cornell beating Yale would push them ahead of us in the RPI. We're almost a full .02 ahead of them.

RPI is just a tool the committee uses, Cornell getting a win over yale would be enormous and then you have to worry about them beating Penn. The three dominoes for SUbto get left out were JHU winning, Loyola losing, and Cornell winning. We don't want that 3rd domino to fall

RPI is just a tool the committee uses, Cornell getting a win over yale would be enormous and then you have to worry about them beating Penn. The three dominoes for SUbto get left out were JHU winning, Loyola losing, and Cornell winning. We don't want that 3rd domino to fall
I get it, but I still think we are on the inside looking out, not vice versa. If it comes down to SU and Cornell, I have to think HTH matters.

Does anybody know what Cornell’s RPI would be if they beat Yale?

if cornell wins they then have 3 top 8 wins. still i question loyola they have not beaten anyone since feb. they have that Virg game in their pocket and got JH early and nothing since then

cornell cant win if the cant score on the xman tries they would be in the game if just 50/50 on those. the 2 bad plays by yale that only resulted in 1 penalty didnt help either and they need the help.

not sure where the 2 shooters are tonight but teat cant win it all by himself

Army beats Loyola. We may have a home game yet.

Yale up 10-4, Cornell can't win a draw or score on a man up.

I'm not giving up on SU, but Penn State and Yale seem to have some separation from the rest of the field. Should it come down to those two, anybody but Penn State.

Final

Lehigh 10, Boston 9

Lehigh faces Army in the Patriot League Bid Stealer Championship on Sunday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom