LAX Action for May 25-27 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

LAX Action for May 25-27

Always a pleasure to watch Penn State lose in anything.

They mentioned this a couple times late in the broadcast, and it is a really good point: after 40+ F/O’s today how will Ierlan fare at the X on Monday?
Good point. Petey LaSalla took all 30 f/o’s for UVA today so I’m sure they’ll both be a little banged up. Will be interesting to see which team has more energy to play 60 minutes or more on Monday.

this Yale PS game is a case study for what is wrong with lacrosse. Face-offs should not be as dominant a factor - this makes lacrosse look BAD

I respectfully disagree. It's not like this game wasn't competitive. The face-off is unique to Lacrosse and gives the game another story line and dimension. Besides, the Creator wants a face off.

I don't want to argue with the Creator. Maybe face-offs could be tweaked in some way - limit the number of face-offs by one player??

I respectfully disagree. It's not like this game wasn't competitive. The face-off is unique to Lacrosse and gives the game another story line and dimension. Besides, the Creator wants a face off.
I don't want to argue with the Creator. Maybe face-offs could be tweaked in some way - limit the number of face-offs by one player??

Hey, leave me out of this. I haven’t publicly stated anything.

Keep the face off.

Shorten the shot clock or go back to 90s era stick heads to increase potential for change of possession to reduce the fogo impact.

Wooden sticks.

Mesh jerseys.

Cage helmets.

2 out of 3 ain't bad

Can't remember another year with more exciting, hard hitting play in the tournament prelims.

Keep the face off.

Shorten the shot clock or go back to 90s era stick heads to increase potential for change of possession to reduce the fogo impact.
Straight (no "pinch") sidewalls no more than 2" wide at their max. No offset. Just like in the picture orange79 posted. Maybe with the faceoff we should go back to the having sticks touching?

Not a bad idea, force a rotation of players. It would eliminate a single player dominating possesions.

Can't remember another year with more exciting, hard hitting play in the tournament prelims.

This has been a fantastic tournament. 4 out of the 6 games in the quarters and semis went to overtime. For my money, it's a helluva lot better than women's softball any day.

Fun game, so far. A little chippy, too.

Bad dive by #22 for UVa after the penalty on the hit to Gaudet.

TD Ierlan almost Face off Score. Cannot write him off even after 40 Face offs 2 days ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom