LAX coming to FSU ?? | Syracusefan.com

LAX coming to FSU ??

This has been rumored for some time. The story has always been that a Sugar Daddy would pay for both Lax teams if FSU could work out the Title IX numbers.

Interesting.i hope they add it for the auto qualifier.

I also find it fascinating when a school does not have a sport like soccer. We do not have baseball, swimming, wrestling etc. the only schools that have most of the sports I can think of are Ivy League.

Interesting.i hope they add it for the auto qualifier.

I also find it fascinating when a school does not have a sport like soccer. We do not have baseball, swimming, wrestling etc. the only schools that have most of the sports I can think of are Ivy League.
... and Stanford, 36 sports total (no Mlax, though). They have sports like water polo, sailing, and gymnastics that not all the Ivies have. For example, only Harvard, Princeton, and Brown have water polo teams.

Last edited:
... and Stanford, 36 sports total (no Mlax, though). They have sports like water polo, sailing, and gymnastics that not all the Ivies have. For example, only Harvard, Princeton, and Brown have water polo teams.

Excellent point regarding Stanford. They are also historically one of the programs in the running for the Sears Trophy. Almost likely have the same budget as an Ivy given endowment size. UVa has most of the sports also.

Excellent point regarding Stanford. They are also historically one of the programs in the running for the Sears Trophy. Almost likely have the same budget as an Ivy given endowment size. UVa has most of the sports also.
I forget which board I saw this on (maybe it was UNC's?) where a poster said Stanford is the whole Ivy League in one school for the West Coast. If you took the All-Ivy team in a sport as a base and throw in some other top regional D-1 talent, that's what Stanford does to compete. Look at the competition for smart athletes here on the East Coast and then look at the West Coast. Stanford, USC-w, and Berzerkley. That's it. And then you add Stanford's and USC-w's virtually bottomless cash drawers ... When you get down to it, Title IX is the only limitation they both face.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom