Lax Pick ‘em: Week 1 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Lax Pick ‘em: Week 1

just real fast as not much of gambler or betting man and know the basics but if i pick say cuse -6 i need them to win more then 6 for me to win correct?
Last year, we were counting tying the point spread as a tie, worth 1/2. Perhaps, some decision should be made on that.

Last year, we were counting tying the point spread as a tie, worth 1/2. Perhaps, some decision should be made on that.
yes, that's correct. once you get a tie, you post your record a like a hockey or soccer team does, w/l/t, and assign a half point. this week seems like a bit of an anomaly on whole point spreads. more of the half point variety generally have cropped up, though vegas is maybe stealing a half point on favorites now as the genre is maturing.

Thanks for Laxfanshutt, big ups for making this interesting! I am going to pressure whoever wins into donating to the SU NIL collective (especially if they are a non-SU fan).

Rutgers -4.5 over Lehigh - The Knights have apparently been blowing out teams like Brown and Villanova in their scrimmages. The Big 10 might be especially good this year. Lehigh brings back Checo and Cole but Rutgers seems a little deeper.
Syracuse -6 over Vermont: Feeling confident about the Orange, I tend to think it will be a five goal game, but six seems reasonable. If the Catamounts struggled that much against Hobart in a scrimmage (10 goal loss according to reports), the Orange should be that much tougher.
Loyola +4.5 vs Georgetown: The Hoyas apparently had a good outing last week against Maryland, but I still think they are being overrated with everything they lost last year. The Greyhounds on the other hand bring back a ton and are one of my sleeper picks for the year.
Ohio State -2 over Utah - I have a hard time trusting the Buckeyes, but I think they take this one over Utah by more than 2. I like their transfers this year, especially bringing in Burke and Utah losing their fogo to Rutgers. Might not stack up against the rest of the Big Ten but against a team like Utah I think they run away with this one.

The Penn State vs Colgate game should be interesting, if they are playing indoors that will be a high scoring game. I think the Raiders will be frisky this year and could keep that one closer than most think.

Hopkins -3 vs Denver
Cuse -6 vs Vermont
Loyola +4 vs gtown
Colgate +10 vs ped st

Syracuse -6 vs Vermont;
Loyola +4 vs Gtown;
Mount Saint Mary's +6 vs Navy; and
The Mighty Highlanders of NJIT +4 vs St. John's.

high point -5
cuse -6
loyola +4
rutgers - 4.5
was itching to take hop, but i guess they have to prove they want to win by something other than 12-9, especially against a team like denver.

rest is all from pre-season noise. 1st week is feeling it out, and then overreacting thereafter. can't go down a game on about everyone going for the orange, but if they win by 3, i'm doing darts week 1 from here on out.

high point -5
cuse -6
loyola +4
rutgers - 4.5
was itching to take hop, but i guess they have to prove they want to win by something other than 12-9, especially against a team like denver.

rest is all from pre-season noise. 1st week is feeling it out, and then overreacting thereafter. can't go down a game on about everyone going for the orange, but if they win by 3, i'm doing darts week 1 from here on out.
Some of these lines a tough, especially for week 1 of the season. If the Syracuse line were 4 or 4.5 my confidence in the pick would be a lot higher. Not seeing other teams play or have any results to go on made picking other games a real challenge for me. My Maryland pick is the one that concerns the most because of Tillman's conservative nature, but last year the Terps won this game by double digits. Who knows?

Some of these lines a tough, especially for week 1 of the season. If the Syracuse line were 4 or 4.5 my confidence in the pick would be a lot higher. Not seeing other teams play or have any results to go on made picking other games a real challenge for me. My Maryland pick is the one that concerns the most because of Tillman's conservative nature, but last year the Terps won this game by double digits. Who knows?
maryland's another one. intrigued to see whether they can score shot clock era type goals this year without benson. they have talent, been changing up coaches, hopefully healthier.

maryland's another one. intrigued to see whether they can score shot clock era type goals this year without benson. they have talent, been changing up coaches, hopefully healthier.
I think you might be awarding too much credit to Benson, and not enough to the level of offensive talent that Maryland had.

I think you might be awarding too much credit to Benson, and not enough to the level of offensive talent that Maryland had.
they had tons of talent pre-benson also. probably not debatable more than they have now. and i said i'm intrigued to see if they can do it without him, so they have an opportunity to dispel.

they had tons of talent pre-benson also. probably not debatable more than they have now. and i said i'm intrigued to see if they can do it without him, so they have an opportunity to dispel.
I'm interested in seeing Phipps as OC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom