Lax Pick em’ : Week 15 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Lax Pick em’ : Week 15

Good call for those of you who took the Danes yesterday, this weekend looks like a crapshoot.

Duke -7 I am sure I will regret this but as good as Utah's offense has looked at times, with Naso back and Duke's offense now employing three dodging attackmen this feels like a 20-10 type of game. Late backdoor cover here seems like a potential issue.

Princeton - 1.5 Feels odd to bet against a Tillman lead team but Maryland simply can't score. Wierman is a worry here if he simply hulks up and Princeton's young bucks could just lay an egg (see the loss to Brown) but man I am hard pressed to see how Maryland can possibly keep up unless they win 90% of the draws.

Hop -4.5 On paper this game seems like it could be close but much like Maryland I am hard pressed to see how Lehigh can score enough to keep up. Hop's offense looks absolutely lost at times but coming off that Michigan disaster you figure they will be on point and Lehigh doesn't exactly have a high powered O. Hop's offense going into a coma is a concern here and I wish the line was 3.5 but I foresee a 14-7 type of score.

Waiting to see what the ND line is before picking the final game.

Cuse -3.5 final pick. Head says Towson but I can't do it.

The latest DraftKings betting lines tonight -- NOT for purposes of this thread's "LAX Pick em'":

Hopkins -5
Penn St. -1.5
Notre Dame -10
Syracuse -4

Syracuse -3.5 versus Towson
PSU -1.5 at Georgetown
Denver +1.5 versus Michigan
UVa -4 versus St.Joseph's
I can't believe you didn't take Maryland considering how they handled Princeton earlier in the season

I can't believe you didn't take Maryland considering how they handled Princeton earlier in the season
Princeton is a young team and UMd caught them early in the season the first time.
More recently Princeton had been fairly hot, winning the Ivy League tmt.
Maryland had been struggling their last 2 games, particularly on offense. Erksa was questionable for the game.
So it seemed like an iffy game to pick.

I thought UVa would come out with a chip on their shoulder after losing 4 straight and being on their home field, which they did. Maryland did the same sort of thing.

Last edited:
Princeton is a young team and UMd caught them early in the season the first time.
More recently Princeton had been fairly hot, winning the Ivy League tmt.
Maryland had been struggling their last 2 games, particularly on offense. Erksa was questionable for the game.
So it seemed like an iffy game to pick.

I thought UVa would come out with a chip on their shoulder after losing 4 straight and on their home field, which they did. Maryland did the same sort of thing.
I thought Maryland's coaching for this game was excellent. The personnel moves, ie Spanos to attack very creative and made the offense more dynamic

Michigan -1.5
Penn State -1.5
Princeton -1.5
Duke -7.0
1-3 for the week. Wow. After Duke covered, I was wiped out. I can't believe that all 3 not only couldn't cover but were beaten convincingly.

34-22 YTD

Denver +1.5 v Michigan
Maryland +1.5 v Princeton
Johns Hopkins -4.5 v Lehigh
Georgetown +1.5 v Penn State
3-1 this week, 37-23 YTD
my seeded dogs came through, Hopkins won but didn't cover.
now that my games are done I can sit back and enjoy the last 2 games, especially the Syracuse game GO Orange!

30-25-1 YTD

Georgetown +1.5 vs. Penn St (W)
Hop -4.5 vs. Lehigh (L)
Denver +1.5 vs. Michigan (W)
SU -3.5 vs. Towson (W)
3-1 this week, 33-26-1 YTD

Early lines for next week. Laxfanshutt, let's wait to see what they are in the morning before posting them for next week's thread. Last week they changed from Sunday night to Monday morning.

Early lines

Duke -3.5 over Md
ND -4.5 over Gtown
Virgina -2 over Hop
Syracuse -2.5 over Denver

Hmmm. All ACC teams favored in Vegas. I was very surprised that the committee set up the seeds so all 4 could be in Championship Weekend. But . . . maybe.

Early lines for next week. Laxfanshutt, let's wait to see what they are in the morning before posting them for next week's thread. Last week they changed from Sunday night to Monday morning.

Early lines

Duke -3.5 over Md
ND -4.5 over Gtown
Virgina -2 over Hop

Hmmm. All ACC teams favored in Vegas. I was very surprised that the committee set up the seeds so all 4 could be in Championship Weekend. But . . . maybe.

Surprise the SU line is that high. Was thinking 1.5, or even a pickem.

Early lines

Duke -3.5 over Md
ND -4.5 over Gtown
Virgina -2 over Hop

Do your thing!! I’m away and won’t be home till tomorrow.. which is when I’ll do the standings.. thanks for posting them.. appreciate it

Perhaps we should wait a couple of days before picking, so as to let lines get closer to their final status.
I just posted the lines for Pick Em Week 16. They are the same as these as the lines didn't change over night. My experience during the season is that generally if they change it's right away at the beginning of the week (ex. last week Denver went from -1.5 to +1.5 virtually overnight) or very late in the week. I'll keep monitoring them but if picks have already been made I don't believe we've changed them.

Perhaps we should wait a couple of days before picking, so as to let lines get closer to their final status.
Guess what? It just changed. I went to close the page on my phone and noticed one game just changed. It's now Denver +3 v Syracuse -3. I changed the list on Week 16. [sorry Cuse fans]

Guess what? It just changed. I went to close the page on my phone and noticed one game just changed. It's now Denver +3 v Syracuse -3. I changed the list on Week 16. [sorry Cuse fans]
I just posted a message in week 16.. I think it’s a good idea that you wanna wait a couple days because they probably will fluctuate.. you got the con my friend , post when you feel comfortable with them.. the games aren’t till Saturday no sense in rushing things

I just posted a message in week 16.. I think it’s a good idea that you wanna wait a couple days because they probably will fluctuate.. you got the con my friend , post when you feel comfortable with them.. the games aren’t till Saturday no sense in rushing things
I don't see a post by you in week 16. Should I delete the spreads for now? Say do it Wednesday morning? [I won't be available Wednesday afternoon.]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom