LAX TV/Streaming Action for Apr 4-9 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

LAX TV/Streaming Action for Apr 4-9

I think the one thing that is without question insane is that the refs did not call it at all for the whole game and only did when Tillman said something. That should not at all be how it works. It's different with stick checks where they happen throughout the entire game. It's not like there are equipment color checks every time out. Stuff like this should be sorted out at the beginning of games. It cant be a thing with potential to be called at some point later. Its constant throughout the entire game! Refs were actively not calling it all game and only did when he said something. That is lame on their part, no matter how you feel about Tillman.

I'll be honest I wasn't aware it was a rule and I think everyone can debate the gamesmanship of it. Zach could probably comment on this aspect, but apparently there is no love lost between these programs and if Tillman did this to stick it to Meyers it certainly seemed to work. A possible rematch in the B10 tournament should be fun though.
It's nice that UMd's coach, who they pay a good salary to, knows the rules. One might note that Tillman spent many years as an assistant at the Naval Academy - which tends to be into rules.

As for 26's comments:
"With no consideration for kids on ohio state." I think Tillman probably cares more about a different group of kids who are playing in a hostile environment on the road. As I mention in a post above, Nick Myers has chosen to build a small stadium which he can sell out to OSU fans, and increase the level of the hostile environment.

”don’t worry bout it let’s just play, color gloves changes nothing.” - for the most part true. Actually, there are a lot of calls in lacrosse like that. A very common one is the inadvertent offsides, where a player 30+ yards from the play steps over the midfield line and is offsides - then realizes his mistake and steps back. The coaches for the opposing team go beserk, and offsides gets called - even though the player's stepping over in no way affected the play.

Anyways, which would you want Gait to do at a game in Durham against Duke? Show gamesmenship or win the game?

“ All players on a team must wear gloves of the same dominant official team color unless safety reasons require a different color glove to be worn” That is the rule. Not very black n white kinda not even grey. Dominate color would say for that team that game is white as jersey is white shorts are white so gloves be white. Not really seeing where color was wrong.
I don’t think that was the rule at issue. I think the fogo was using red tape. His gloves had red in them. Also, his shaft was silver. The gloves had gray in them. That’s a problem. I believe the tape, gloves, and shaft can’t match in any way. That’s why the fogos and poles use weird colors for their tape near the head.

Last edited:
Now that i understand. Tape at top of head can’t be same color as head or gloves believe to not make it confusing to make sure hand isn’t on plastic. But that’s not what they were saying. They were saying color of actual gloves.

PSU 12-11
This was a great game to watch. Had drama had hype had chaos plus some big hits one made by mercille was nice. Glad psu got the dub tho make it more enjoyable easter for my mom not having to listen to my father cry n mope all easter cause psu lost. My mom deserves that lol.

I think the one thing that is without question insane is that the refs did not call it at all for the whole game and only did when Tillman said something. That should not at all be how it works. It's different with stick checks where they happen throughout the entire game. It's not like there are equipment color checks every time out. Stuff like this should be sorted out at the beginning of games. It cant be a thing with potential to be called at some point later. Its constant throughout the entire game! Refs were actively not calling it all game and only did when he said something. That is lame on their part, no matter how you feel about Tillman.

The refs are on the hook to call it once someone points it out though. You can’t ignore it then. That happens all the time in sports really.

Refs also ask coaches pregame if everyone is equipped by rule. Coaches sign off on it. So for example the new cardiac shoulder pads, if you’re not wearing them it’s a penalty (the refs don’t check though.) Basically imo, the coaching staff should be making sure their players are all wearing the appropriate gear, tape, shoestrings, whatever, that meets rule standards.

Last edited:
It's nice that UMd's coach, who they pay a good salary to, knows the rules. One might note that Tillman spent many years as an assistant at the Naval Academy - which tends to be into rules.
Didn't Tillman play dumb in his post-game comments? Someone on the sideline pointed it out and he was just asking questions?

Didn't Tillman play dumb in his post-game comments? Someone on the sideline pointed it out and he was just asking questions?

Tillman an excellent coach but he definitely pushes things. The reason we have a shot clock right now is because of his Maryland teams where they would hold the ball and then take a shot that had zero chance of going in but would hold off the refs.

Yes because ND has throttled us like 5 times in a row.

everybody has throttled us the last few years. ND just did to #1 Duke on Dukes field what they did to us. People were calling for the coaching staff after it. Maybe ND is pretty good this year.

everybody has throttled us the last few years. ND just did to #1 Duke on Dukes field what they did to us. People were calling for the coaching staff after it. Maybe ND is pretty good this year.

The game yesterday was at ND. I'll disagree, lost to Duke in OT a month ago, beat them last year. Lost to them in 21 by a goal. Cuse beat UVA twice a couple years ago. Nobody owns them like the Irish do right now it's ugly. But yes ND is very good this year, probably has as good a chance as anyone to win it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom