Hempstead, N.Y.
(3) IVY/Yale vs. COLONIAL/UMass
(6) PATRIOT/Loyola vs. Villanova

Annapolis, Md.
(7) Johns Hopkins vs. Virginia
(2) Duke vs. SOUTHERN/Richmond

Last four in: Virginia, Villanova, Ohio State, Penn
First four out: Bucknell, Cornell, Rutgers, Penn State

Multi-bid conferences: Atlantic Coast (4), Big Ten (3), Big East (2), Ivy (2)

Moving in: Ohio State, Penn
Moving out: Bucknell, Cornell

Should anyone trust Syracuse? Not really. But the Orange’s three top-10 victories and stout schedule will likely carry it to an at-large bid if it beats Colgate on Saturday. A home game, though, is probably a reach at the moment. … The Orange’s struggles also hurt Rutgers and Cornell. Both teams banked on a defeat of Syracuse having more value than it does at the moment

Bracketology: Others' Missteps Put Penn Back in the Mix

Annapolis, Md.
(1) BIG TEN/Maryland vs. NORTHEAST/Saint Joseph’s-METRO ATLANTIC/Quinnipiac
(8) BIG EAST/Denver vs. Syracuse

Hempstead, N.Y.
(5) AMERICA EAST/Albany vs. Penn
(4) Notre Dame vs. Ohio State

Hempstead, N.Y.
(3) IVY/Yale vs. COLONIAL/UMass
(6) PATRIOT/Loyola vs. Villanova

Annapolis, Md.
(7) Johns Hopkins vs. Virginia
(2) Duke vs. SOUTHERN/Richmond

Last four in: Virginia, Villanova, Ohio State, Penn
First four out: Bucknell, Cornell, Rutgers, Penn State

Multi-bid conferences: Atlantic Coast (4), Big Ten (3), Big East (2), Ivy (2)

Moving in: Ohio State, Penn
Moving out: Bucknell, Cornell

Should anyone trust Syracuse? Not really. But the Orange’s three top-10 victories and stout schedule will likely carry it to an at-large bid if it beats Colgate on Saturday. A home game, though, is probably a reach at the moment. … The Orange’s struggles also hurt Rutgers and Cornell. Both teams banked on a defeat of Syracuse having more value than it does at the moment

Bracketology: Others' Missteps Put Penn Back in the Mix

While the match-up with Baptiste would be a blood bath its hard not to like that Bracketology. Stevens has SU so far in were not even among last four bids ( I find this to be a stretch but what do I know). Going by his thoughts Cornell really took a hit with that loss to Princeton and might need to win the IVY to get in. Stevens has SU with the #1 SOS, if this is accurate this would be a boon for us along with the fact were the only team with two top 5 Wins. I don' get the Penn Love but he's right if they beat Yale they are for sure a lock.

While the match-up with Baptiste would be a blood bath its hard not to like that Bracketology. Stevens has SU so far in were not even among last four bids ( I find this to be a stretch but what do I know). Going by his thoughts Cornell really took a hit with that loss to Princeton and might need to win the IVY to get in. Stevens has SU with the #1 SOS, if this is accurate this would be a boon for us along with the fact were the only team with two top 5 Wins. I don' get the Penn Love but he's right if they beat Yale they are for sure a lock.
FWIW, LaxPower has SU as the #3 SOS, behind Penn and ND.

From LacrosseFilm Room: Right now, Syracuse is the only team with 2 top 5 wins and has the #1 SOS per the RPI-based measure used by the selection committee (average of the top 10 RPI opponents). Plus, no losses to the teams outside the RPI top 20. Only other teams who can claim a top 5 win and no losses outside the top 20? Maryland, Duke, Yale and Michigan

I remind myself every year of the geographical implications in the matchup process. Is Ohi0 St going to ND considered a lock by most that have OSU in? Seems like it would be based on available teams. Also, based on this projection, only Syracuse would need to fly. I could also see Penn being sent to Denver and Cuse to Albany.

If you're a Cornell fan, you'd have to be torqued about having Penn get in instead of you. I would assume that this projection would have been based on the idea that Penn beat Yale and played Brown in the championship game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom