Class of 2025 - LB Antoine Deslauriers (QC/GA) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (4/26/24) | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 LB Antoine Deslauriers (QC/GA) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (4/26/24)

Yes you can. There are tons of agility drills out there. Part of muscular training is to work on ligaments and muscle connective tissue to speed you up.

No normal human is getting to Usain Bolt speed with training, but like lifting weights to get stronger, you can get faster too.
Thanks, appreciate the insight.

Just a question, not meant sarcastically.

I understand you can work on technique.

Can you work on agility and speed?
I think the question(s) is what is he currently doing to work on them and how effective is it compared to what he'll get here. Most (probably all) big time prospects in this era are in some sort of SAQ program. How much upside does he have? We'll find out.

Yes you can. There are tons of agility drills out there. Part of muscular training is to work on ligaments and muscle connective tissue to speed you up.

No normal human is getting to Usain Bolt speed with training, but like lifting weights to get stronger, you can get faster too.
With effort I have improved my time between the couch and the refrigerator.

I thought he really shined on passing downs when he was blitzing. Caused a few early throws. MLB for the Tennessee team was impressive as well. Currently committed to Buffalo.

With effort I have improved my time between the couch and the refrigerator.
That really is an underrated metric.

Footwork needs work, eh? He'll get it done. And then carry on the tradition of great SU LB's like Dan Conley, Clifton Smith, and Keith Bulluck.
I see as a backer some kids can just be good enough to make plays even with all the misstepping. Once they get his first 3-5 steps corrected he will be scary. They will also get him a bit lower with the stretching and yoga stuff they do here. Dan used to say that the first three steps are 6 inch power steps while deciphering the play all at once. He taught always down hill and if pass plant and drop to ur zone. Think this kid can be a stud once he learns all this.

Just a question, not meant sarcastically.

I understand you can work on technique.

Can you work on agility and speed?
yeah but it depends on what they think he needs. Cory Parker used to work on first ten of forty a lot. Said its where u can pick up most time which would be what this kid needs. u can also get in to length of stride and arm drive for more top end speed. This kid reminds me of Rocky. A bit stiff but can easily be fixed.

going against the grain a little bit here, but I thought he struggled to read plays, shed blocks and get to the ball carrier. tackling can improve to. nowhere near his ceiling. All stuff that’s coachable. Raw talent is obvious
Tackling was sloppy a few times, once he gets better technique he will be a monster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom