Class of 2018 - LB Juan Wallace Jr (DC/IMG) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 LB Juan Wallace Jr (DC/IMG) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE

You lose out on plans B and C. I'm guessing Dino felt he had to let him go on the visit. By the way, he said Dino was fine with Georgia visit, not necessarily other visits.
There's no one on the board that we have a realistic chance of landing that is a "similar talent". If Dino told him he could take the visits, then what's the problem?

You lose out on plans B and C. I'm guessing Dino felt he had to let him go on the visit. By the way, he said Dino was fine with Georgia visit, not necessarily other visits.
That is what I was getting at...if Dino truly told him to explore all his options...fine as it is Dino's program.

I do know the recruiting results have been pretty impressive so far...I'm kinda old school though...I like to keep my word on things like this.

Oh well...we'll see how it goes. I think it is probably counterproductive to keep rehashing it. My last post about this until something changes.

I don't think the answer in these matters is binary. I think it is both reasonable to expect a commitment if one is made but I also believe there are are variables, of which some change (multiple ways)resulting in a change in direction. Variables that could change from both the direction of the coaching staff and player. In these situations it's best not to pass judgement either way...though I think all would agree if commitment was firmer from both parties, it would make things a whole lot easier. As it relates to Juan I hope he stays and if he doesn't I wish the young man well and move on. We will reload.(perhaps from a young man who was committed to another school).

Confusing what was said, I never said he could not take visits before a commit. Dino as head coach can believe and do whatever, not my call.

Why is it so difficult for some on this board to understand, or is it that you are willing to do anything, accept anything, for just a chance of getting what you believe to be a talented player? I do not believe any unproven recruit is worth that, sorry. I do not care if he eventually goes to SU or not, but I believe Mark is right, I would look elsewhere, because this kid is, in my opinion, looking for somewhere else.
Its difficult for them to understand because the guys in this forum knows how recruiting goes. No one said we should accept anything. There are some things each staff are not willing to do. OSU and Alabama has commits that visit other teams. If you don't know that every college staff recruits this way then you dont know much about recruiting. Im not trying to be funny.

Last edited:
Been a fan for over 50 years, and have no problem with this. We had a coach come in after GROB, and shoved a lot of players out the door, so kids should be sure Syracuse is where they want an education. You never know who your coach might be, but the school is still there.

He's stuck to his word so far. He's still committed to Syracuse University. He's also a 17 year old kid trying to make confirm that he made the right choice of where he wants to spend the next four years of his life.

Also he doesn't want to miss out on seeing some campuses and meeting some nice people. You only go around once.

Also he doesn't want to miss out on seeing some campuses and meeting some nice people. You only go around once.
Yeah sure, "nice people," I see what you did there. ;)

Show me too the nearest sorority. Also, "introduce" me to the women's softball, cheerleading and volleyball teams on my visits as well.

I hate to be "that guy" but he tweeted his UGA offer an hour ago as well.

If this article is anything close to accurate, not sure we can really consider him a commit at this point.
So it sounds like he will probably remain Orange unless Georgia gives him a committable offer. Probably need to hope Georgia gets that Channing Tindall kid.