Class of 2021 - LB Khayri Banton (NJ) Offered | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 LB Khayri Banton (NJ) Offered

This is a prime example why I think the SU Rutgers game this year is super super important. They need to march in there and beat the heck out of them on their turf. Send a message to that clown coach of theirs

NJ kids committing to Rutgers shouldn't be surprising in this environment where when kids will be able to take visits is a big question. Much easier to commit early to the home school, safe choice, gives them a landing spot and then if things change they can take visits and decommit.

NJ kids committing to Rutgers shouldn't be surprising in this environment where when kids will be able to take visits is a big question. Much easier to commit early to the home school, safe choice, gives them a landing spot and then if things change they can take visits and decommit.
Rationalization is a beautiful thing...

At what point do we admit that, maybe, Schiano can recruit?
Of course he can recruit, but I'm going to wait and see what happens after the NCAA ban on normal recruiting is lifted and after what happens during the season. Things always change in commitments and this is definitely not a normal recruiting period and not a single game has been played by a new staff.

I am starting to feel like maybe our crutin philosophy isn’t all that great. If brown in unc and schiano at Rutgers recruit better than us in first year back something is wrong. I have been saying we should chase nj kids all the time. When we were at our best we had a lot of nj recruits. Ton of talent there and we are fairly close. Hope I get proved wrong this year.

I am starting to feel like maybe our crutin philosophy isn’t all that great. If brown in unc and schiano at Rutgers recruit better than us in first year back something is wrong. I have been saying we should chase nj kids all the time. When we were at our best we had a lot of nj recruits. Ton of talent there and we are fairly close. Hope I get proved wrong this year.
Brown has a National championship he can dangle to recruits. Shady is just a used car salesman in a football coach costume. i dont mind our philosphy at all

Why do people keep bringing up Mack Brown? The guy won a national championship at UT and he's keeping NC kids home, and having success on the field. There's a big difference between him and Shady.

Just because Schiano hired a bunch of coaches from NJ High Schools and then got them to get their HS kids to stay at home, 8 months before signing day, doesn't mean our staff has a bad recruiting philosophy.

It's important to be realistic.

Why do people keep bringing up Mack Brown? The guy won a national championship at UT and he's keeping NC kids home, and having success on the field. There's a big difference between him and Shady.

Just because Schiano hired a bunch of coaches from NJ High Schools and then got them to get their HS kids to stay at home, 8 months before signing day, doesn't mean our staff has a bad recruiting philosophy.

It's important to be realistic.
I thought our philosophy was decent but I am starting to have second thoughts about it. Maybe is isn’t that sound. Just an idea. Ur points are pretty valid and with Brown I was thinking less with the N.C. and more he got fired having 15 top 5 recruiting classes in a row and that’s bad coaching. If I’m a recruit I want to know how they did with good players and Texas didn’t do great in my opinion. That’s where my thought was on Brown but I also see ur point too.

If you keep up this negativity of thought I may have to quarantine you with those RU posters. ;)

If you keep up this negativity of thought I may have to quarantine you with those RU posters. ;)
Not quite negative as it is a rethinking. Just hoping for better guys even if it’s a bit higher than us now. Really like Lockett so that’s a good start to the year. I will work on the negativity. Stay safe

Not quite negative as it is a rethinking. Just hoping for better guys even if it’s a bit higher than us now. Really like Lockett so that’s a good start to the year. I will work on the negativity. Stay safe
Hard not to stay safe when you are on shelter in place for the next 30 days. However, my huband may not be safe from my list of reorganization and cleaning out projects. :)

I thought our philosophy was decent but I am starting to have second thoughts about it. Maybe is isn’t that sound. Just an idea. Ur points are pretty valid and with Brown I was thinking less with the N.C. and more he got fired having 15 top 5 recruiting classes in a row and that’s bad coaching. If I’m a recruit I want to know how they did with good players and Texas didn’t do great in my opinion. That’s where my thought was on Brown but I also see ur point too.

bad coaching lol.

158-48 at Texas
1 National title
9 ten win+ seasons
4 nine win seasons
2 - 13 win seasons

bad coaching lol.

158-48 at Texas
1 National title
9 ten win+ seasons
4 nine win seasons
2 - 13 win seasons
Didn’t he get fired with a consistent top 5 recruiting class every year. We would give our arm to have that. He still got fired, which is called bad coaching. He was never known to out smart the other coach. He would outsize and outathlete the other team but no one ever said he is a great x and o guy.

no offense but what will we say after the next su offer commits to ru???? the hits just keep on coming---geez

Of course he can recruit, but I'm going to wait and see what happens after the NCAA ban on normal recruiting is lifted and after what happens during the season. Things always change in commitments and this is definitely not a normal recruiting period and not a single game has been played by a new staff.
or by the rutgers new staff---this reeks of years ago

you my friend are absolutely right.!!!!and historically correct

no offense but what will we say after the next su offer commits to ru???? the hits just keep on coming---geez
OMG THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!!!!

Just stop the pretense and go root for Rutgers.

We will always lose recruits to Rutgers. We will always lose recruits to BC. We will always lose recruits to Maryland.
On the flip side, they will always lose recruits to us. Are you secretly on the staff? Do you know if the offer was even committable? If so, please share.

It's a numbers game, and one that deals with kids in their teens. If you can't see that, I don't know what to say.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom