Class of 2024 - LB Matthew Stenbroten (WI) Flipped to North Dakota St | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 LB Matthew Stenbroten (WI) Flipped to North Dakota St

Looking at his film, you can see why Rocky Long is after him. He plays safety, LB, DE…I think he even played a little CB for a play or two. He is tall enough and has a big enough frame to fill in at DE (might eventually end up there down the road) but it looks like he would be effective at LB and maybe even could play safety. Agree if he does play in the secondary, it would be at rover.

He also looked really good at WR/TE and I would not be surprised if the offensive coaches tried to steal him to play the hybrid TE position as well.

A guy who has the physical attributes to play some many positions is really valuable in the Long 3-3-5. I hope he sees the kind of freedom and flexibility he could enjoy playing in this defense, and how impactful he could be playing in it.

Sign me up. Reminds me of Jamie Kimmel back in the day. Jaime was a terrific DE for SU. Really good athlete who ran all over the place making places circa the early 1980s.
Rover

Urlacher 2.0

I don’t want divert this thread away from Matthew but, wow, Rocky has BIG hands! Back on topic, I can see Matt becoming a great Syracuse discovery.
I was wondering if it was just me

Looking at his film, you can see why Rocky Long is after him. He plays safety, LB, DE…I think he even played a little CB for a play or two. He is tall enough and has a big enough frame to fill in at DE (might eventually end up there down the road) but it looks like he would be effective at LB and maybe even could play safety. Agree if he does play in the secondary, it would be at rover.

He also looked really good at WR/TE and I would not be surprised if the offensive coaches tried to steal him to play the hybrid TE position as well.

A guy who has the physical attributes to play some many positions is really valuable in the Long 3-3-5. I hope he sees the kind of freedom and flexibility he could enjoy playing in this defense, and how impactful he could be playing in it.

Sign me up. Reminds me of Jamie Kimmel back in the day. Jaime was a terrific DE for SU. Really good athlete who ran all over the place making places circa the early 1980s.
Hope you're right -- Jamie Kimmel II would be outstanding!

Takes me back to a LBer that played for the Colts...maybe back in the 70s.
Steve Stonebreaker.
I would like to see him get some kind of all-state recognition. High school has about 430 students.
Gonna be a bit of a step up in level of play.

IMG_8071.gif

…it’s already been Stenbroten!!!

and… I’ll see myself out.

I wonder how we get a line on and focus on a Wisconsin recruit.
I mean, I’m happy about it, I just don’t understand the dynamics of recruiting I guess. Seems there would be 10 Stenbroten’s in our backyard.

I wonder how we get a line on and focus on a Wisconsin recruit.
I mean, I’m happy about it, I just don’t understand the dynamics of recruiting I guess. Seems there would be 10 Stenbroten’s in our backyard.
Travis Fisher just came over from Nebraska so maybe that’s how he was on the radar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom