Class of 2019 - LB Octavius Brothers (FL) Decommitted from UCF / Signed with Auburn | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 LB Octavius Brothers (FL) Decommitted from UCF / Signed with Auburn

These backers are starting off with such great size. He's listed at 6-2 220 and looks as big or bigger than the other guys.

According to 2 4 7 it looks like he has set visits to Auburn on 1.11.19 and Ole Miss 1.25.19. This kid's recruitment has exploded. Lets close the deal this weekend.

Would maybe be the best haul of LBs ever at Syracuse or at least since the Antwaun Ponds, Dulayne Morgan, Jason Walters haul in the early 90's. Morgan was widely considered to be the #1 defensive player in the entire country then.

Syracuse Lands a Linebacker

Class had 1 DB - some nobody named Donovan Darius :)

I don’t know who Donovan Darius is but We had a really good Safety named Donovin Darius tho.

P

Phat-

This is my neck of the Florida woods. Brevard County is essentially south of Daytona, north of Vero and east of Orlando. It has about 500K residents, so smaller population and therefore a bit under recruited. The powers here in football are Cocoa High, Viera, Rockledge (recently), Palm Bay and Merritt Island. There are about ~10 D1 football and basketball players each year and >100 D2 and D3 players. Some of the better known players are

Chris Collinsworth
Wilbur Marshall
Doug Flutie (my kids played Little League at Flutie Field, named after his parents)
Tim Wakefield
Bruce Bochy
Prince Fielder
Kelly Slater

Some of the more recent pros are

Marcus Maye- Safety Jets
Reggie Nelson - Safety Bengals
Brian Johnson - Pitcher Red Sox

And the #2 and #8 picks in the MLB draft back in June.

I think Cuse would do well to mine this area a bit.

Go Orange!

Florange44
Coach MacPherson had a house down there. May have been Melbourne or Merritt Island.

Coach MacPherson had a house down there. May have been Melbourne or Merritt Island.
I thought he was in Jupiter, but I could be wrong.

Not good for SU then... He'll be ripe for the picking from schools that miss their December targets and are looking for a plan B.

Agreed... Plus I think we have much more glaring immediate needs... Bad combo/timing...

Sounds like Octavius saw he was getting popular and broke it off with his current girl to play the field a bit. SU is just one of the girls at this time and it seems he may be ready for the next pretty girl to date.

Plus we don't know what surprises HCDB and staff may have that we don't know about.

he's always had scheduled visits to auburn and ole miss in jan so this is not a surprise. maybe we'll hold a spot maybe we won't.

he can still change his mind and sign in 2 weeks.