Class of 2016 - LB Tim Walton (MI) SIGNED LOI/Entered Transfer Portal | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 LB Tim Walton (MI) SIGNED LOI/Entered Transfer Portal

Babers and company...too easy.

2Q88MGF.gif

Another shot shot across the big10 Bow. Dino just knows how to piss off Delaney .....

How many Big10 flips now? I lost count

It just means we should have aimed higher! (Kidding... sort of)

Not really, I think the fact that they stripped the class down, reorganized, focused in and then rebuilt in 6 weeks is impressive. On paper, things looks pretty good but the 9 for 9 is just crazy stuff. Dino must be dying for spring ball to start so he can see what is under the hood so to speak.

I also think he should get to a bowl game this year, I am just glad we have a coach with vision on offense with a proven system, so sick of trying this and trying that, praying that something works because it certainly hasn't.

I am very curious where the ceiling will be for Dino on the recruiting front if he wins say 7-8 games this year

Not really, I think the fact that they stripped the class down, reorganized, focused in and then rebuilt in 6 weeks is impressive. On paper, things looks pretty good but the 9 for 9 is just crazy stuff. Dino must be dying for spring ball to start so he can see what is under the hood so to speak.

I also think he should get to a bowl game this year, I am just glad we have a coach with vision on offense with a proven system, so sick of trying this and trying that, praying that something works because it certainly hasn't.

I am very curious where the ceiling will be for Dino on the recruiting front if he wins say 7-8 games this year
The Dino era is off to an amazing start recruiting. The true test is seeing if all these guys are eligible and make it on campus. I have no idea where they all stand but I know great looking athletes like these guys who are willing to flip so late in the recruiting game often have something wrong with them. Academics are an issue for a lot of them. Really hope these kids are all solid on that front.

The Dino era is off to an amazing start recruiting. The true test is seeing if all these guys are eligible and make it on campus. I have no idea where they all stand but I know great looking athletes like these guys who are willing to flip so late in the recruiting game often have something wrong with them. Academics are an issue for a lot of them. Really hope these kids are all solid on that front.
They all had to fax in there transcripts before coming on a visit. So that should be we get on the kids on campus and why Moran did not have a visit. But it's the NCAA so you never know...

They all had to fax in there transcripts before coming on a visit. So that should be we get on the kids on campus and why Moran did not have a visit. But it's the NCAA so you never know...
I believe Shafer did the same with transcripts and as we saw rolled the dice with the more talented recruits. I'd bet that Moran's grades were a convenient way to bow out of his recruitment once they got a commitment from someone they rated higher.

The flips came from kids that they had relationships with and for the most part from schools that have issues. Great job by this staff.

sutomcat said:

I think the Illinois and Maryland kids were coaching issues (Illinois and the retention of Cubit on a 2 year deal, and Maryland having a brand new staff).

Some of the other kids were obvious G5 offer vs P5 offer scenarios.

You may be right, as we don't really know until it's time to enroll.

Cass Tech in Detroit is a big time program. I like it.

Detroit really should be a major city we recruit from. Never understood why we didn't place much emphasis there in the past. Depending upon where the family/kid comes from, it's only a 7 hour drive assuming you get through the Canadian borders quickly. A family doesn't need to spend a lot of money to see there kid play vs flying here. In a past job, I had to travel there from time to time and I've gotten there as quick as 6.5 hours.

MI as well as OH, PA, NJ & NE should be our focus for NE recruiting. I can see IL but too far to drive but is a major hub to fly for a direct flight.

Welcome aboard Tim!

Detroit really should be a major city we recruit from. Never understood why we didn't place much emphasis there in the past. Depending upon where the family/kid comes from, it's only a 7 hour drive assuming you get through the Canadian borders quickly. A family doesn't need to spend a lot of money to see there kid play vs flying here. In a past job, I had to travel there from time to time and I've gotten there as quick as 6.5 hours.

MI as well as OH, PA, NJ & NE should be our focus for NE recruiting. I can see IL but too far to drive but is a major hub to fly for a direct flight.

Welcome aboard Tim!

Yep. Bowling Green is 20 min S of Toledo and Toledo is an hour from downtown Detroit. I would think Babers has Detroit connections. Toledo also has very good players.

Welcome aboard Tim!

The last staff did offer kids from Cass Tech...just never got any to commit.

Welcome aboard Tim!

I love that we're beating out the Illini for obvious reasons. The dozens of fans that they have here are difficult to find.