Class of 2017 - LB Tyrell Richards (Canada) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 LB Tyrell Richards (Canada) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Tigers aim to remain on roll

Count senior Morgan Ellison among those who believe work is getting done for the Pickerington High School Central football team early in the season.

The Tigers scored all of their points in the first half of a 43-0 rout over Independence on Sept. 2 and could end up in a similar situation Friday, Sept. 9, when they play host to a first-year team known as Football North from Clarkson Secondary School in Mississauga, Ontario.

The Tigers opened Aug. 27 with a 20-14 win over Cincinnati Elder and are 2-0, while Football North lost to DeSales 49-12 on Sept. 2 and is 0-2.

The shutout against the 76ers was Central's first since a 7-0 win over Gahanna in the first round of the Division I playoffs in 2014.

"I thought we played a really good game (against Independence) actually," Ellison said. "Our defense is great and our offense is coming together. With our first game being a huge game, these games are just helping us to come together."

Ellison, a running back and defensive back who did not play last season after playing as a sophomore, has been a big addition for the Tigers. He rushed for 90 yards and two touchdowns against Independence and has 140 yards rushing and three scores on the season.

Jeremiah Wood also scored two touchdowns against the 76ers, with one coming on the ground and the other on a 39-yard pass from Darius Coker.

The Tigers also scored on a 24-yard fumble return by Kieren Douglas and a 20-yard blocked punt return by Jermycole Graham.

Football North opened Aug. 26 with a 38-13 loss at Ottawa-Glandorf and is playing solely against teams from the United States -- six from Ohio, two from Maryland and one from Pennsylvania.

There are 49 players in the program, with senior linebacker Tyrell Richards being among the top athletes. He committed to play for Syracuse University in June.

"In our first year, we just want to progress and get better and better every day," Chargers coach Larry Jusdanis said. "The kids want to compete. (Teams in Ohio are) the best at what (they) do. If you want to play hockey, you come (to Canada). We'll enjoy the atmosphere. It's going to be tough, but it'll be fun."

You know things are getting serious with the coaches recruiting Canada when you see a tweet about Cuse football tailgating for a Canadian sports writer in French.
That region is vastly under-recruited. Even if they only have a tenth of the number and caliber of recruits in the Northeast US, there's still a ton of un-tapped potential. I really hope it works out.

likes to hit. Has to wrap up. The coaches will improve that.

He is looking to light people up on every snap. Super aggressive and, finally, some good size at LB. Leads with his head a lot (was flagged on some of those hits). I wouldn't be surprised to see Richards on the field as true Frosh, especially on STs.

We will lose a lot of experience once Bennett and Franklin are gone but I'm really liking the look of our young LB unit we will have. Lots of potential with good size options as well. You don't need to be tall at LB but it sure doesn't hurt.

We will lose a lot of experience once Bennett and Franklin are gone but I'm really liking the look of our young LB unit we will have. Lots of potential with good size options as well. You don't need to be tall at LB but it sure doesn't hurt.
We've been stockpiling young LB talent for years. The trend continues this year. That is one unit I have absolutely zero concern about.

True, and dont sleep on Walton who took a shirt this past year. Size and speed =beast;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom