Class of 2017 - LB Tyshon Fogg (MD) Verbal to Rutgers | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 LB Tyshon Fogg (MD) Verbal to Rutgers

He is a stud, it would be awesome to have him commit to SU. Whatever he is hearing about us has caught his interest.

Both Fogg and Kasim Hill also got Iowa offers yesterday (they are friends and a potential package, remember, and Iowa is the third school along with SU and Michigan State to have offered both).

This kid is our starting MIKE in 2018. Wow, big time recruit right here. He is about to blow up with big offers soon.

Good news is that our staff is all over the kid. Love the tenacity.

Babers and staff weren't really recruiting him. He was a Shaffer recruit thick and thin. That being said, it's a good pick up for RU. I would be shocked if he signs with them in February.

Babers and staff weren't really recruiting him. He was a Shaffer recruit thick and thin. That being said, it's a good pick up for RU. I would be shocked if he signs with them in February.

Why?

My exact reaction was, "Good get for Rutgers. Can't wait to see which B1G East opponent of theirs he signs with in February."

A lot of his family lives in Ashbury park, nj and he's visited about a dozen times..comes on campus any time he visits his family which is once or twice a month. Can't see him signing with another school unless they magically move nearby the rest of his family in nj.

Syracuse and Rutgers both have new coaching staffs. It seems like you want everyone to give you a chance with your new staff, but with Rutgers everything is going to remain the same as it was under the old staff. I find that odd.

Syracuse and Rutgers both have new coaching staffs. It seems like you want everyone to give you a chance with your new staff, but with Rutgers everything is going to remain the same as it was under the old staff. I find that odd.
yea - your new staff kept pursuing and our new staff didnt

shocking

A lot of his family lives in Ashbury park, nj and he's visited about a dozen times..comes on campus any time he visits his family which is once or twice a month. Can't see him signing with another school unless they magically move nearby the rest of his family in nj.
Agree - he is Rutgers all the way to signing day, congrats on a very good prospect

All due respect here, but how many Rutgers fans/board posters are going on record saying the new Syracuse staff is legit?

You see where I'm going with this. It's fandom. This kid is going to be a player. Congrats and enjoy his career.

ScarletSpy said:

Or it's a bigger and better school. Doesn't Ash have a "if OSU wants em" policy ;)?

Asbury Park has enough problems without you doing that to their name. Btw, as I'm sure you're already aware, Monmouth is closer.

All due respect here, but how many Rutgers fans/board posters are going on record saying the new Syracuse staff is legit?

You see where I'm going with this. It's fandom. This kid is going to be a player. Congrats and enjoy his career.
I will go on board as saying head coach Babers is legit. He did a good job at BG and he should do a good job at Syracuse. Now that being said, I hope, obviously, that coach Ash does a bang up job keeping the NJ kids in state. Head coach Flood (I don't even like calling him that, he wasn't worthy of the job) had mass decommits because he didn't know how to deal with them. He didn't keep in contact and he didn't handle how the kids kept visiting other schools very good. Other than his tenure, we didn't have a history of decommits. No reason to think it will continue to happen under Ash. Besides, decommits have risen steadily over the last 4-5 years nationwide. Kids are treating it like a game, recruiting that is. I hope we maintain a good class and I hope you guys do the same. It's good for NE football.

I will go on board as saying head coach Babers is legit. He did a good job at BG and he should do a good job at Syracuse. Now that being said, I hope, obviously, that coach Ash does a bang up job keeping the NJ kids in state. Head coach Flood (I don't even like calling him that, he wasn't worthy of the job) had mass decommits because he didn't know how to deal with them. He didn't keep in contact and he didn't handle how the kids kept visiting other schools very good. Other than his tenure, we didn't have a history of decommits. No reason to think it will continue to happen under Ash. Besides, decommits have risen steadily over the last 4-5 years nationwide. Kids are treating it like a game, recruiting that is. I hope we maintain a good class and I hope you guys do the same. It's good for NE football.

Good post, brother.

There's one game every year I hope Rutgers wins, against Penn St. Personally I haven't liked them since the late 1950's. and always thought Paterno was a jerk, who was too much into himself.

----
Your new head coach gets all respect on the RU rivals board... You would other negatives posted about Cuse , as you have here about RU... But most RU fans think he will do a very good job as a recruiter and game coach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom