Class of 2019 - LB Zack Magdis (MA) PWO COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 LB Zack Magdis (MA) PWO COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE

He looks like a definite help. At least on the depth chart. With a little tutoring from Coach Cav, he may work himself into the starter at RT. Ooops wrong thread. (R. Alexander)

Last edited:
He'd need to put on a hundred pounds and play a position on completely the other side of the ball. He has as much chance of developing into a scholarship kicker.
Yea RT probably not, but I like the kids versatility and desire. I can see him finding a way onto the field, maybe LB, but maybe TE, possibly WDE. Never can tell with these youngsters how they grow and develope.

Gotta be a PWO.

Nobody heard of this kid until two minutes ago.

Offers from LIU, Merrimack, and Central Connecticut.

Ha. That’s funny. Same schools, along with a few others, that have offered my neighbor.

Hmm. He isn’t “committed” to us since he is a PWO right? Is there any concern here?

UMass Could probably beat Rutgers in Connecticut at this point. Hope we can hold onto him. Do you preferred walk on’s at least get training table?

UMass Could probably beat Rutgers in Connecticut at this point. Hope we can hold onto him. Do you preferred walk on’s at least get training table?
That's a really good question, as I can see both sides. On the yes side, he's a member of the football team. On the no side, since he's not on scholarship, you could spin it that it's a improper benefit for someone not on scholarship that's not available to the student body at large.

Does anyone know?

If you’re on the football team I’m pretty sure you get access to trainers, PWO or scholly.

Would be insane if you sprained your ankle that u would need to goto a walk-in clinic instead of being with the team dr’s.

Think it helps his HS teammate is also a PWO to Syracuse.

If you’re on the football team I’m pretty sure you get access to trainers, PWO or scholly.

Would be insane if you sprained your ankle that u would need to goto a walk-in clinic instead of being with the team dr’s.

Trainers not the same as training table, and I do not know. Training table has nothing to do with injuries.

Wouldn't that be a "walk-on" clinic? ;)

Does training table count as board and therefore not eligible for a PWO subsidy?
Any PWO parents out there?
What if any perks can they receive besides suiting up, knocking heads and maybe travelling with the team?

Wild guess here, but I would think that PWOs would have to pay for training table privileges, but that it would be like a meal plan. Some compromised cost that is no more than a typical student would pay. But the food is a lot better. Again? Just a guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom