Leaving Las Vegas ... with a W | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Leaving Las Vegas ... with a W

Re read my post. I wasn’t knocking them or the win. I think they are actually pretty good.
I realized that after and liked your post. I’m going to leave my comment for shame purposes. It’s my kink.

Incredible! Instant classic. I'm not going to focus on the negatives tonight and enjoy this one. But man, Stanford still stings. We'd be ranked in the Top 20 easily...oh well. Keep it rolling
This is a first year staff trying to build something. Two top 25 wins in 5 games is HUGE!!! Get on board, talk crap and back your boys…it’s EASY…DO IT!!!!

Proud of SU......ST is a trainwreck and needs immediate corrections and strategies
5 teams blocking punts means a fundamental flaw in line design, execution and adjustments
I wonder if the same punt defense was used on every or most occasions by the other team?
Can't wait for the VT game......will be looking for SU to roast some globbers for thanksgiving

Part of my brain feels like this makes up for the Stanford loss. Like, both those games were basically coin flips at the end, and it evened out. And we did get pretty fortunate with that penalty.

The other part of my brain is like OMFG if we make one 4th and 9 stop vs. Stanford then we are probably ranked like 17th or something in this week's Top 25.

All good though. If we can win at NC State next week going into our second bye, all is well in the universe at 5-1. That gives us a long time to prepare for Thursday night at Pitt.

I’d gladly trade the Stanford loss for this win. In a perfect world we win both decidedly but we’re not that good. Too many deficiencies on the team. We don’t have enough to win the ACC or be a playoff team.

This is an 8-4 team unless Marlowe and Barnes coming back has a major impact on the defense.

Proud of SU...ST is a trainwreck and needs immediate corrections and strategies
5 teams blocking punts means a fundamental flaw in line design, execution and adjustments
I wonder if the same punt defense was used on every or most occasions by the other team?
Can't wait for the VT game...will be looking for SU to roast some globbers for thanksgiving
We won n spite of that, we’re REALLY GOOD!!!

Part of my brain feels like this makes up for the Stanford loss. Like, both those games were basically coin flips at the end, and it evened out. And we did get pretty fortunate with that penalty.

The other part of my brain is like OMFG if we make one 4th and 9 stop vs. Stanford then we are probably ranked like 17th or something in this week's Top 25.

All good though. If we can win at NC State next week going into our second bye, all is well in the universe at 5-1. That gives us a long time to prepare for Thursday night at Pitt.

Lots to work on but like how we can matchup vs the Pack even on the road.

The two runs by LQA were sports movie-esque.

We cannot keep throwing it 50+ times a game.

But the issues are really on D and specials.

We’ll keep scoring, but there needs to be some changes in strategy and personnel/coaching in some areas.

we ran 96 plays. 33 runs, 63 passes.

when you run 96 plays, you’re probably gonna throw it 50+ times. We could’ve and probably should’ve mixed in a few more runs, but this is fine imo.

VERY happy we pulled through in this one. Was looking bleak for awhile and wasn’t expecting to pull it off. Some truly critical penalties both ways late that impacted the game, luckily the last one was for us. Props to the guys, especially Allen. Some awesome runs through contact to keep it going/win.

ST is a train wreck. That can’t be lost in this just because we won.
Agreed, coordinator needs to be fired

That said there’s still too many bonehead plays from our interior. The tackles played well today honestly.

The two runs by LQA were sports movie-esque.

We cannot keep throwing it 50+ times a game.

But the issues are really on D and specials.

We’ll keep scoring, but there needs to be some changes in strategy and personnel/coaching in some areas.

The 3 man rush deal and our DBs playing 10 yards off. I simply think ERob believes well get burnt deep otherwise. Maybe he’s right? But the alternative isn’t really working well imo either.

The special teams are a disaster and unacceptable

I thought UNLV taking a knee to run out the clock was incredibly arrogant.
They were so certain they could win in overtime that it wasn’t worth even trying.
Things like that often bite you in the butt- thank god.

fran said after the game that the blocked punt happened because 2 of our players never blocked their man. He said they forgot the details of what they were supposed to do.

regardless, this team can still have a really special season if we improve special teams (maybe some blockers need to be replaced!), get back Marlowe Wax and hopefully Yazeed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom