Leaving Rome now | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Leaving Rome now

We only do the seven fishes...no meat.

Fried Shrimp, Fried Calamari, Ditalini with Baccala, Lobster and three others which tend to change from year to year...

We do calamari, smelt, shrimp, haddock and then rotate three others as well. These are all before dinner mind you. Then the dinner starts with tenderloin, ham, some type of pasta dish, salad, soup, potatoes, greens. Its pretty sickening.

If I recall correctly didn't Rome used to have some pretty good players in the day? What happened to that program, is it because of the base losing so many people?

Tom and Tom Myzlinski come to mind.

44cuse

I was raised on ketchup sandwiches and saltine crackers.
Amen to that!

My English-Irish mother frequently served both those delicacies. I can't remember eating a vegetable that didn't come out of a can.

While my comrades in the armed forces complained bitterly about the food, I was overwhelmed by the range of choices and quality of the food served in the chow hall.

This thread took an interesting turn. From 'on my way - LGO' to 'You say gobba-goul, I say ghoba do ghoul'. One of the many reasons I love this board.
Yes.

Best places to get chicken riggies
RFA football and the reasons for its demise
New restaurant opening in North Syracuse
What Italian kids in Jersey had for lunch back in the day
How certain Italian foods are pronounced in different parts of the Northeast
What people of Italian and Polish descent eat on holidays
The surprising culinary skills of the US armed forces
Ketchup and saltine cracker memories

I can't wait to see where this thread goes next...

RFA football started it's downhill trend after Coach Hoke and his entire staff retired. Tom Myzlinski Sr was the O/D line coach and the strength and conditioning coach. If you were an RFA football player, unless you played hockey or basketball, you were pretty much required to be on the indoor track team so you could lift all winter with Coach Myz. Unless you played baseball or lacrosse (which sucked at RFA but gave football players a chance to hit kids with sticks), you were required to be on the track team so you could lift all spring. In the summer, everyone lifted with Coach Myz and also did speed drills and plyometrics. RFA football used to be a "PROGRAM" under Hoke and his staff. When they all left, things were never the same.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom