Leon Lowery transferring to Wisconsin (again) | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Leon Lowery transferring to Wisconsin (again)

I was kind of wondering the same thing. Having an agent makes you ineligible to return from a pre-draft evaluation, for example. That's my guess why the tweets were taken down. Unwitting undermining of his eligibility by his representation. Damn, man. Nice career you had!

There is SO MUCH bad advice out there today. We live in an era where corruption is expected, and people have no shame. So glad I'm closer to the Exit ramp, honestly. This world is turning to shtt.
Here’s hoping the next few exit ramps are closed.

I believe you can have an agent for NIL purposes.
That's correct as a general rule. Whether there is anything state-specific that restricts that in some states, I have no idea.

That's correct as a general rule. Whether there is anything state-specific that restricts that in some states, I have no idea.

Me neither

Paraphrasing but something like:

“College coaches, don’t ask my guys how much their agent is charging them. It’s unprofessional. You don’t want me to have them ask you how much you make.”

Just stupid.
Not to mention, salaries at Public Universities like Wisky are public knowledge. Private universities like SU file a form 990 which list the highest paid employees many (most) of which are coaches. Seems like a valid question to ask what a player’s agent is getting if he’s trying to squeeze more NIL money.

The laws vary from state to state.

New York law allows players to be professionally represented by an agent or attorney for NIL.

The law also requires colleges to offer assistance programs to guide student athletes on topics related to NIL deals, mental health support services, and other stuff.

The laws vary from state to state.

New York law allows players to be professionally represented by an agent or attorney for NIL.

The law also requires colleges to offer assistance programs to guide student athletes on topics related to NIL deals, mental health support services, and other stuff.

Someone knows something about everything on this board!

He also had one (since deleted also) instructing interested schools not to contact him but to contact his agents first. Wonderful. I'll bet he has schools lining up for him after that.

Yeah, I saw that one, too, before it was deleted.

I genuinely feel bad for him. He is just a kid trying to figure out his own way. When he first said he was leaving I knee-jerk thought, screw him now. The more this goes sideways I just hope it works out for him. I would hate it if it blows up on him when all is said and done.

I totally get that, but he could be good depth. We don't need to run him off simply because we're bitter and he's . . . made not great decisions in the last 72 hours.
I was referring to the agent’s tweet, not Lowery’s.

1701744413684.gif

I havent heard any specifics that Leon’s disliked or has caused problems in the lockerroom.

If he’s jusr disgruntled due to playing time/a down year then yeah I’m all for having him back in a better culture.

It kills me seeing a student athlete get poor guidance from adult agents. Horribly dirty business.

I was kind of wondering the same thing. Having an agent makes you ineligible to return from a pre-draft evaluation, for example. That's my guess why the tweets were taken down. Unwitting undermining of his eligibility by his representation. Damn, man. Nice career you had!

There is SO MUCH bad advice out there today. We live in an era where corruption is expected, and people have no shame. So glad I'm closer to the Exit ramp, honestly. This world is turning to shtt.
I agree, our world’s values are being thrown away and greed and selfishness are replacing them. That’s one of the reasons I like Coach Brown, it’s easy to see where he stands. As for Leon, I am sad for him, giving in to this society destroying trend!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom