LeQuint Allen is Back | Page 39 | Syracusefan.com

LeQuint Allen is Back

In the show's opening discussion, they pointed this out: apparently the Judicial Board considered it LeQuint Allen's responsibility to see to it that the other student, (the one he hit) would appear at their hearing. At the same time, it was part of his probation that he have no contact with that person. :confused:
Yeah, I wondered about that reading the report.

Insane.

DA William Fitzpatrick will be interviewed on Orange Nation on today's show -not sure when but guessing 12:30.

In the show's opening discussion, they pointed this out: apparently the Judicial Board considered it LeQuint Allen's responsibility to see to it that the other student, (the one he hit) would appear at their hearing. At the same time, it was part of his probation that he have no contact with that person. :confused:
Fitzy dropping the Kafka. Nice

Four of us sent a certified letter to Kent. It outlined the fact that we thought based on what has been published that LA situation warranted a complete review. We also asked that he hire firm that is professionally qualified to review the entire process as it seems to be broken. Lastly, we asked him to take a leadership role and to get in front of this situation, to do the right thing by LA and especially on behalf of Syracuse University. We also put into the letter how much in aggregate we have contributed to Syracuse University over the last 10 years. The letter was sent by my father and signed by all of us.
In addition, I sent an email on behalf of our group which was replied to with a form response.
I love you.

So I don't think now is the time to speculate about him wanting to transfer. It seems like he is getting a ton of support within and from out. It's also clearly been escalated. Let's see how this plays out. Clearly Allen has allot of love for the staff and program. No need to speculate he is gone yet or for that matter recruiting is damaged beyond repair. It's very possible this turns out in his favor and he stays because he has developed strong relationships.

So I don't think now is the time to speculate about him wanting to transfer. It seems like he is getting a ton of support within and from out. It's also clearly been escalated. Let's see how this plays out. Clearly Allen has allot of love for the staff and program. No need to speculate he is gone yet or for that matter recruiting is damaged beyond repair. It's very possible this turns out in his favor and he stays because he has developed strong relationships.
I agree, I think the way he's handled this shows he's trying to remain a part of SU's community.

Four of us sent a certified letter to Kent. It outlined the fact that we thought based on what has been published that LA situation warranted a complete review. We also asked that he hire firm that is professionally qualified to review the entire process as it seems to be broken. Lastly, we asked him to take a leadership role and to get in front of this situation, to do the right thing by LA and especially on behalf of Syracuse University. We also put into the letter how much in aggregate we have contributed to Syracuse University over the last 10 years. The letter was sent by my father and signed by all of us.
In addition, I sent an email on behalf of our group which was replied to with a form response.

Good for you, KCSU. Way to throw your weight around [with no hint of sarcasm intended]. Stuff like this could be impactful / attention-grabbing.

Would encourage everyone to call the Chancellor’s Office and lend your voice to concern for the conduct of the University Conduct Board and encourage a complete and independent review of procedures taken with personal oversight from the Chancellor. The suspension should be suspended pending the outcome of an independent review. The receptionist definitely seemed frustrated with fielding another call on this situation. Pressure on the Chancellor is the only way anything changes moving forward.

That being said I think we have seen LeQuint Allen in Orange for the last time at the spring game. It is doubtful he plays this season and would show an inordinate amount of loyalty if he did not transfer. This has the potential to tank the athletics program.

I think Allen mentioned somewhere that the other injuries were not caused by him and weren't there when he left, but the sham board takes his word without even showing up despite having changed his story multiple times.
Yeah, it appears that the tooth confession gave them grounds to assess the totality of injuries to Allen, despite there being evidence to the contrary.

Would encourage everyone to call the Chancellor’s Office and lend your voice to concern for the conduct of the University Conduct Board and encourage a complete and independent review of procedures taken with personal oversight from the Chancellor. The suspension should be suspended pending the outcome of an independent review. The receptionist definitely seemed frustrated with fielding another call on this situation. Pressure on the Chancellor is the only way anything changes moving forward.

That being said I think we have seen LeQuint Allen in Orange for the last time at the spring game. It is doubtful he plays this season and would show an inordinate amount of loyalty if he did not transfer. This has the potential to tank the athletics program.
Whats the phone number?

One of the awful reports about the appeal response was Allen's observation that the outcomes are intended to be educational as a primary consideration and his outcome is particularly punitive, and their response was essentially "lol yeah but we can punish you and we are."

Whats the phone number?

Kent Syverud
Chancellor and President
chancellor

Candace Campbell Jackson
Senior Vice President and Chief of Staff
candace1

It's not allowing me to print their emails, but just add "at sign syr dot edu" to "chancellor" and "candace1" and you can let them know your thoughts in writing.

not following how that matters

It matters in that he's not an employee according to current law. He receives untaxed benefits, not a salary. He's not on any payroll. He could file a suit in the second circuit if he wants to. Even if they ruled in his favor, which I doubt, since other courts have already ruled differently, I find it hard to believe that he would retroactively be given the protections of an employee and be able to apply it to this circumstance.

The athletic department needs to really engage in risk mitigation for all their students.

1. Explain that the code of conduct means that every engagement with another person is a potential violation. Keep your head down and do your work.

2. Being an athlete makes you a target. NIL increases that risk.

3. They need to retain counsel to assist anyone that gets sideways immediately.

4. If you have a truly bad kid, cut them loose. And explain that upfront.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom