LeQuint Allen is Back | Page 37 | Syracusefan.com

LeQuint Allen is Back

I know some of these Karen’s call the police when the neighbor’s dog barks too much, and this might blow their minds but not everybody grew up feeling comfortable calling the police over things.

Which is what Lequint told the SUJB

That being a young black male he didn’t feel comfortable contacting the police or authorities

After this happened everyone told him to trust the process so he did…and it didn’t work…..

There’s some major issues here

Sports Illustrated weighs in following some investigation into this story, calling for the University to "revamp its unfair, flawed process." That's not going to help with the lawsuit.

Self-defense was not considered or permitted as an argument; the instigator also struck other football players at the same party and was NOT CHARGED AT ALL by the student board.

D.A. Fitzpatrick says that the identification of Allen in the line-up was "weak".

Apologies if the link has already been posted to this thread.

Hey, they based part of the sanctions on the extent of injuries. That’s a question of fact. The other party acknowledged somewhere that got in a number of fights that night. Other than admitting to the tooth, where was it established he’s responsible for the other injuries?

Here’s a lesson for everyone, never talk without counsel. He’s getting hung with his own statements.
yep he told the truth and got wailed for it. The other dude went into hiding and skated scott free.

I think Allen mentioned somewhere that the other injuries were not caused by him and weren't there when he left, but the sham board takes his word without even showing up despite having changed his story multiple times.

complete miscarriage of everything

That makes this even more confusing. The premise of the suit is that punishment has not been historically consistent and the activities of OCS are not public record. How can a judge rule without the most relevant data?
It’s the world of administrative law.

they have to argue in their motion that the punishment is unreasonable based on the facts.

Taking a look at the proceedure discovery isn’t allowed.

Their tribunals are kangaroo courts. As I mentioned in a prior post, a young Chinese woman was about to be kicked out of school for not sharing her patent idea with her fellow students so the class could work on it together as a "project". The professor had her kicked out of school. She contacted me to represent her. I agreed to do it for free, since this woman had very limited English skills. THEY WOULD NOT LET ME IN THE ROOM at her hearing, and kicked her out of school.

Last edited:
THE PERFECT SOLUTION!!!

Now for those of you who are waiting for a statement from the university... Do you not notice that you always are waiting for a statement? That is because privacy laws preclude the university from making a statement most likely. They will not be making one, either way. If he is reinstated, there will be no statement either. This may be why the DA speaking up is a good thing.
PR 101 would dictate "We do no comment on pending litigation ". The fact that hasn't happened suggests something is up. I also think they don't want a second round of bad publicity when the next court date rolls around.

That being a young black male he didn’t feel comfortable contacting the police or authorities

After this happened everyone told him to trust the process so he did…and it didn’t work…..

Never trust the process. Lawyer up and shut up. None of these people are here to help you, they are here to get you.

Hey - if others who were in physical altercations with the assailant that night can hear me - now would be a good time to step forward to reporters who would protect their anonymity lest they be suspended for being assaulted.
Maybe type in all caps so they can hear you better. ;)

Their tribunals are kangaroo courts. As I mentioned in a prior post, a young Chinese woman was about to be kicked out of school for not sharing her patent idea with her fellow students so the class could work on it together as a "project". The professor had her kicked out of school. She contacted me to represent her. I agreed to to it for free, since this woman had very limited English skills. THEY WOULD NOT LET ME IN THE ROOM at her hearing, and kicked her out of school.
I’m talking about the state court procedure

I agree...this has been years ago but my younger brother was supposed to attend Syracuse on a wrestling scholarship...lost the program to title 9...No one told our family anything. He found out a month before school. Ended up going to Brockport.
That’s going on at Utica right now. They just announced they’re dropping their swimming program. A friend’s kid is supposed to be attending in the fall as an incoming freshman and was going to be on their swim team. Now they’re looking for another school to accept him for the fall.

That’s the Article 78 procedure under NYS civil procedure law, which is the motion before the State court.

this is the rule on how to challenge administrative or regulatory actions. Not sure how SU student conduct actions fall under it, but that seems to be the case.

Not sure that an Article 78 proceeding is the right path. That's reserved to actions against government entities, if I recall correctly. SU, of course, is a private college, unless perhaps they have state schools within the university like Cornell does (e.g. SUNY-ESF; are there any others in which Allen might have been a student?).

Do they pay taxes on that compensation? I had to pay taxes on a tuition benefit for my masters. They pay $0 in taxes for their tuition benefit.

not following how that matters

That was written as the argument for the punishment but is it really a reflection of what happened. Lots of fights end with talking it out so the expectation that even going back is going to lead to an altercation is weak. Now if you leave a fight and come back with a weapon that could be seen as escalating the issue.

even the harm statement leaves a lot to be questioned. define self-defense other than running away that doesnt involve some kind of contact?

So in an incomplete and unsworn statement to Syracuse Police (I hope that can be made available upon request) 10 days after the incident (4 days before Christmas), the 23-year-old other student alleges LeQuint pinned him against the wall while Terry Lockett punched him. LeQuint claims Terry wasn't even there, but LeQuint and Terry get a misdemeanor. Did Terry admit he was there to police? Imagine getting a misdemeanor, but you weren't there.

Terry is later notified that he unlikely did not violate university policy while LeQuint did. How did the university come to that conclusion if the other student alleged LeQuint held him up while Terry punched him? Is the University relying solely on the police report/statement to determine who to violated the student code? Since this involves the 23-year-old student, shouldn't the university independently speak with them as well (unless they did)? And then the onus is on LeQuint to get the other student to appear at his hearing? If anything those two shouldn't have any contact and it should be the job of the hearing body to contact all parties with the hearing details.

My advice to LeQuint would be file a complaint with the NAACP.

Yeah, no shot SU overrules this because it opens exposure from them in other situations. Also, I've learned after being a fan for these years that when something bad happens in the offseason, there's no point in hoping for a reversal of the misfortune.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom