LeQuint Allen is Back | Page 70 | Syracusefan.com

LeQuint Allen is Back

At least his teammates are supporting his cause on social media. What are the coaches doing???
Calling out the coaches or the AD is misguided. They have no authority to intervene in this process. I think that LA playing in the bowl game and participating in Spring practices speaks for itself. Anything above and beyond that will be behind closed doors and without public comment or social media "support." The FrancoPizza types will need to adjust expectations.

Calling out the coaches or the AD is misguided. They have no authority to intervene in this process. I think that LA playing in the bowl game and participating in Spring practices speaks for itself. Anything above and beyond that will be behind closed doors and without public comment or social media "support." The FrancoPizza types will need to adjust expectations.
Considering the coaches are university employees and considering that there is current litigation against the University by Allen, Franco Pizza needs to adjust the logical portion of his brain and understand they HAVE to keep their mouths shut. Remember Boeheim shooting his mouth off and then both he and the school got sued? So does our coaching staff and school. The wives of Beck and Lynch are not employees so they can express their support publicly

Bob is a really good guy and a graduate of SU law school. He is an avid SU sports fan and longtime high school basketball referee.
Is this really true ?

I wondered if it was Bob Antonacci. I figured this case wouldn’t be that far up the food chain for him to hear, but I’m no legal expert.

If he reviews other cases, and contacts the DA for other cases, the student board will be abolished.
Their have been enough cases over the years with bad judgements.
Yeah, that’s not gonna happen. He’s judging a motion, he’ll decide based on the documents and arguments in the motion documents.

That’s it. No oral arguments scheduled.

He”ll grant or deny the relief sought, none of which is in the things you mention.

Sorry if this is a stupid question. But what standing and jurisdiction does a NYS district court have in a private school discipline matter or a school's judicial board action? I guess if there was no standing the case would have been thrown out already. Can somebody explain how this upcoming court date can have a role in overturning this penalty?

Last edited:
Sorry if this is a stupid question. But what standing does a NYS district court have in a private school discipline matter or a school's judicial board action? I guess if there was no standing the case would have been thrown out already. Can somebody explain how this upcoming court date can have a role in overturning this penalty?
nothing.

they cant do a damn thing.

this whole thread is just as useless.

this is just a PR move.

only the school can undo a school thing.

keep posting dreams people, thatll help...

nothing.

this is just a PR move.

This post brings up a good point. Has any student at Syracuse ever sued over an SU judicial court ruling like this one and gotten the ruling changed? How often does this happen? Does it ever happen?

This post brings up a good point. Has any student at Syracuse ever sued over an SU judicial court ruling like this one and gotten the ruling changed? How often does this happen? Does it ever happen?
Yes

maybe the strategy was bring it into a public forum of a district court and the power of public opinion and outrage would cause the university to reconsider. I have never been moved in my 40+ years association with SU to contact university leadership about anything until I read about the gross injustice given to this student and the ineptness, unfairness, inefficiency and ineffectiveness of the student judicial system. This is as close as I have ever come to withholding my support for Syracuse University because of the travesty of justice surrounding this young man. I think Allen has grounds for a civil suit to receive some kind of reparations and damages.

Last edited:
nothing.

this is just a PR move.

Well….Kaiser, where you been? Why didn’t you say so a long time ago and save all of us here a lot of typing. I bet you’ve been waiting until now to insert your post. You certainly put a touch of happy into my 4TH.

It’s people like you who come in and just crush any hope anyone has of anything positive coming out of this. I know, you’re just giving us the facts. Period! But how do we know what you say is true?

We don’t know any better. That’s you’re take as far as I read what you posted.

At least we participated, made people aware of each other’s feelings especially about Le Quint the university and its sham of a disciplinary board. Perhaps nothing good will come of this and LA will not be with us anymore. But, at least we showed him and each other how things SHOULD work at SU instead of the current crap that exists for students like Allen.

It probably made some here feel better about the situation and LA’s plight and that’s a good thing.

Oh, you forgot the apostrophe before the double ll in that’ll – there, I fixed it for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom