Let me tell you about Brooklyn today ... | Syracusefan.com

Let me tell you about Brooklyn today ...

cto

Administrator
1) It was definitely "Syracuse Nation" at the TBT regional final in the tiny gym at LIU. The crowd was at least 80 per cent orange -- and loud.

2) As anyone who watched on tv knows, the end of the first half was a disaster, quickly turning an eight-point deficit into a 16-point deficit. But the SU fans never gave up (and neither did the team) ... even when the deficit increased to 25 points midway through the second half. There was a pervasive feeling that we would come back -- even though it was probably illogical.

3) During the comeback and ultimate victory, it seemed the little gym was as loud as the Dome ever has been. It was the most awesome display of fandom. I hope it came across on television. The thought was; "If we could come back from 16 down against UVA in the Elite Eight last year, we can certainly come back against this team. "

4) In the middle of the game, I got a text from "Headmaster," telling me to put my glasses back on ... because she associated our first-half collapse with me removing them. Maybe she was correct. I put them back on, and good things started to happen

5) I know other players scored more points and had better numbers, but to me, John Gillon was an unsung hero of the game. Those bigger guys tried to bat him around (literally), but it just made him more determined as he got up off the floor. And his shooting was clutch.. 3/4 from floor and 4/4 from the line.

5) The SU players seem very close and very supportive of each other. A really great sign. This maybe gives us an advantage over some other teams that consist of random players from random schools thrown together for the TBT.

6) Anyhow, it's on to Baltimore and the Final Four. I like our momentum.

Last edited:
From my perspective it definitely came across on tv. And so did you CTO. It looked like u were in every huddle. What a great game, I love seeing these guys play again. With this success of TBT u would think there'd be a market to do something more.

From my perspective it definitely came across on tv. And so did you CTO. It looked like u were in every huddle. What a great game, I love seeing these guys play again. With this success of TBT u would think there'd be a market to do something more.
Some friends in common goal even some family members come and go out of your life or his nation is a constant through the highs and lows
1) It was definitely "Syracuse Nation" at the TBT regional final in the tiny gym at LIU. The crowd had to be at least 80 per cent orange -- and loud.

2) As anyone who watched on tv knows, the end of the first half was a disaster, quickly turning an eight-point deficit into a 16-point deficit. But the SU fans never gave up (and neither did the team) ... even when the deficit increased to 24 points midway through the second half. There was a pervasive feeling that we would come back -- even though it was probably illogical.

3) During the comeback and ultimate victory, it seemed the little gym was as loud as the Dome ever has been. It was the most awesome display of fandom. I hope it came across on television. The thought was; "If we could come back from 16 down against UVA in the Elite Eight last year, we can certainly come back against this team. "

4) In the middle of the game, I got a text from "Headmaster," telling me to put my glasses back on ... because she associated our first-half collapse with me removing them. Maybe she was correct. I put them back on, and good things started to happen

5) I know other players scored more points and had better numbers, but to me, John Gillon was an unsung hero of the game. Those bigger guys tried to bat him around (literally), but it just made him more determined as he got up off the floor. And his shooting was clutch.. 3/4 from floor and 4/4 from the line.

5) The SU players seem very close and very supportive of each other. A really great sign. This maybe gives us an advantage over some other teams that consist of random players from random schools thrown together for the TBT.

Thank you for sharing and love the stories. Orange nation flexes it's muscles. Grows stronger and now ventures together to uncharted territory

I am so happy to read your report, Joyce! I am in Wisconsin and totally forgot that the game happened. I didn't record it either, and now it sounds like it is a classic. It also sounds like I would have had a stroke and so perhaps my life was saved by my vacation.

I love love love hearing about our fans and this is why I love love love being orange!

I am so happy to read your report, Joyce! I am in Wisconsin and totally forgot that the game happened. I didn't record it either, and now it sounds like it is a classic. It also sounds like I would have had a stroke and so perhaps my life was saved by my vacation.

I love love love hearing about our fans and this is why I love love love being orange!

It is available on
www.espn.com/watch/

I missed it first time around while putting bottom paint on my boat, but the replay was perfectamente.
Any school could have put together a team but none will have more fan support than us.

1) It was definitely "Syracuse Nation" at the TBT regional final in the tiny gym at LIU. The crowd had to be at least 80 per cent orange -- and loud.

2) As anyone who watched on tv knows, the end of the first half was a disaster, quickly turning an eight-point deficit into a 16-point deficit. But the SU fans never gave up (and neither did the team) ... even when the deficit increased to 24 points midway through the second half. There was a pervasive feeling that we would come back -- even though it was probably illogical.

Joyce, if you could have heard whatever Morris twin who is the head coach smugly talking about the zone defense and how much better there team was during the halftime interview it would have made this second half run even sweeter.

Joyce, if you could have heard whatever Morris twin who is the head coach smugly talking about the zone defense and how much better there team was during the halftime interview it would have made this second half run even sweeter.
Yes, that is the downside of actually being at an event. You miss what the participants (and commentators) are saying. Thanks for the fill-in

I mean I would've talked trash too if I was the Morris boys. Like Fran said; it is sort of reality TV with the playground/streetball element. Still, even better to get the W to rub it in but I don't fault the Morris guys at all. I think it's great they took time out of their pro schedules to do this. Any idiot knows already the all zone vs man debate is going to come up and/or be a target and a bone of contention. Just win baby!

Glad you got to be there, CTO! It felt like a real NCAA Tourney vibe but, more realistically, us addicts needed a true Orangemen competitive fix during these dreaded baseball times.

Cto, were you able to hear what (if anything) devo said to the other bench at the end of game. It certainly looked like he puffed chest out and pranced in front of the FOE bench, not sure if he said anything but if I was a betting man...I feel like that's what started the end of game shenanigans.

Ps. I love devo. A lot

I mean I would've talked trash too if I was the Morris boys. Like Fran said; it is sort of reality TV with the playground/streetball element. Still, even better to get the W to rub it in but I don't fault the Morris guys at all. I think it's great they took time out of their pro schedules to do this. Any idiot knows already the all zone vs man debate is going to come up and/or be a target and a bone of contention. Just win baby!

Glad you got to be there, CTO! It felt like a real NCAA Tourney vibe but, more realistically, us addicts needed a true Orangemen competitive fix during these dreaded baseball times.
The easiest thing to be in life is a gracious winner. the Morris kid couldn't even do that. And then, he wasn't even a winner.

Great report CTO. I am sure Tomcat liked it. It was a great comback and the crowd was awesome.
I did. Props to all the SU fans who showed and supported the team, even when they were down big! The announcers said the comeback would never have happened without the support of the pro SU crowd...

Cto, were you able to hear what (if anything) devo said to the other bench at the end of game. It certainly looked like he puffed chest out and pranced in front of the FOE bench, not sure if he said anything but if I was a betting man...I feel like that's what started the end of game shenanigans.

Ps. I love devo. A lot
There was a guy in front of me courtside who was woofing at our guys the entire game, but as we started coming back he got quieter and quieter. He ended up in the scrum once the game ended so I'd assume he had something to do with it.

Their entire team was talking a lot of trash so you gotta back it up or it's gonna get shoved back in your face, especially by Eric.

I have friends who don't watch sports live. They will DVR and start at halftime. I dont understand it at all. How does the lucky position on your couch, or need to stand with 1 hand on your hip and the other ahnd caressing your ear lobe work if you arent live? What about the time I made my brother sit in the bathroom during the entire comeback vs rutgers circa 2001 or 2ish?

I'll never understand those people.

But @headmaster and cto - thank you! Job well done. Great observation Headmaster.

I have friends who don't watch sports live. They will DVR and start at halftime. I dont understand it at all. How does the lucky position on your couch, or need to stand with 1 hand on your hip and the other ahnd caressing your ear lobe work if you arent live? What about the time I made my brother sit in the bathroom during the entire comeback vs rutgers circa 2001 or 2ish?

I'll never understand those people.

But @headmaster and cto - thank you! Job well done. Great observation Headmaster.

I can't watch Cuse BB (even this) live. I've attended our last 3 FFs and spent most of our games walking the concourse, peeking at TV monitors. BTW, I am not alone in this approach. Now I "watch" on Twitter and see replays if we've won. It's best for me. I once told this to JB and he said sometimes he'd rather not watch live either :).

I can't watch Cuse BB (even this) live. I've attended our last 3 FFs and spent most of our games walking the concourse, peeking at TV monitors. BTW, I am not alone in this approach. Now I "watch" on Twitter and see replays if we've won. It's best for me. I once told this to JB and he said sometimes he'd rather not watch live either :).

Well, some guy once sang a song about what life would have been like if not led by chance and something to do with the dance! How much fun would it be to have a fast forward button for life let alone for our beloved Orange! Savor the dance!

Had a great time. Crowed was great. Even down 20, one bucket would light people up. Shoutout to Triche again for being strong down the stretch. Down and-1 bucket in the last minute.

Yes, that is the downside of actually being at an event. You miss what the participants (and commentators) are saying. Thanks for the fill-in

In most cases I would be willing to make that trade off.

Thanks, Joyce. My wife picked you out and (second half) you had a big smile on your face. It's a really fun tournament ... not just the scrappy style but the nostalgia of it all.

My MVP was DeShonte Riley. Saved our butt with his shot-blocking and rebounding. Kennedy was killing us the first half.

Yes, I have a friend who loves Cuse basketball so much that he never ever watches a game. Can't stand to talk about them either. This board would be pure torture for him.

Just want to point out how hard this visual made me laugh

I remember that game. My antics in response to our first half quality of play is still a matter of family lore around these parts. Made me re-evaluate some life choices!

I remember that game. My antics in response to our first half quality of play is still a matter of family lore around these parts. Made me re-evaluate some life choices!

I am having trouble finding this game... I recall it being early 2000's - am i thinking of a different comeback than rutgers? did our comeback fall short?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom