Let The Buckeyes cheer now... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Let The Buckeyes cheer now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I stated, Ohio St has been better than SU since Matta became their coach. This is his 8th season there. Here's a few stats that I think are important:

OSU*: 6 NCAAs...14-5 record...2 FFs...221-64 overall record (.775)
...SU: 6 NCAAs...8-6 record...1 E8...214-70 overall record (.754)

(*note: OSU is still playing and their record stats will change next week)

Please post a few stats that support your claim that OSU hasn't been better than SU during Matta's tenure.

If you don't WIN a championship, then you can't be the better program during that time.

Ohio State has been good, but Syracuse has been a bit better.

A championship trumps 2 final fours EVERY time !!!!

A wise man once said.. "There is a decent, respectful way to debate issues".

Wait, that was you, like a half hour ago, in this thread.

When someone insults me, I have the right to call him on it. I will be respectful until they give me a reason to be disrespectful.

Playing gotcha with me won't work.

A wise man once said.. "There is a decent, respectful way to debate issues".

Wait, that was you, like a half hour ago, in this thread.

& apparently, you are a douche also...

Nice try, but if OSU loses in the NC game, they will be ranked ahead Syracuse. For sure. And 90+% that they will be ranked ahead of us even if they lose in the semis. They were ranked 7th, and they beat us.

Doesn't work that way. We have only 3 losses, & they have 7. They would have to be much closer in record to catch us. Ohio State will lose the next game anyway, but even if they don't, they will only pass us if they win it all...

You can't jump from 7 to 2 from one loss of the other team. You are incorrect.

Nice try, but if OSU loses in the NC game, they will be ranked ahead Syracuse. For sure. And 90+% that they will be ranked ahead of us even if they lose in the semis. They were ranked 7th, and they beat us.

Rankings are set up by wins vs. losses overall in the major conferences. A team that has lost more than twice as many games as Syracuse, even though they beat them, will not get that team ranked ahead of CUSE.

What's the point of having a regular season if you don't reward the team that has earned the better ranking?

ONLY the Champion gets the crown. No matter how close you get to it, if you don't win it, you will be ranked based on your overall resume, & Ohio State does NOT have the resume that Syracuse has...

Sorry, you are incorrect.

If you don't WIN a championship, then you can't be the better program during that time.

Ohio State has been good, but Syracuse has been a bit better.

A championship trumps 2 final fours EVERY time !!!!

SU hasn't won a championship during Matta's time at OSU, apparently you haven't understood my previous two posts. I'm comparing the RECENT history of the two programs, specifically, the eight years that Matta has been their coach.

Now, if you want to compare the two programs during Boeheim's tenure, then yes, SU has been better.

And if you want to compare the programs all-time, I believe that would be OSU.

& apparently, you are a douche also...
There is a decent, respectful way to debate issues.

& apparently, you talk out of both sides of your mouth. Can't have it both ways, Sparky

ADMINS: Please lock this thread due to sheer idiocy and lack of reading comprehension.

& apparently, you talk out of both sides of your mouth. Can't have it both ways, Sparky

Absolutely not. I have the right to return your disrespect in kind. I will judge the judgemental !!!

You make no sense, & if you can't understand how to talk to people initially, you will never be a respected person.

I am not having anything both ways. When you attack me, I get to attack back... Since when is that having it both ways?

That's like saying it was wrong for America to fight back against Japan for their aggression. You make no sense...

Don't attack me first, then I won't be forced to strike you down...

Rankings are set up by wins vs. losses overall in the major conferences. A team that has lost more than twice as many games as Syracuse, even though they beat them, will not get that team ranked ahead of CUSE.

What's the point of having a regular season if you don't reward the team that has earned the better ranking?

ONLY the Champion gets the crown. No matter how close you get to it, if you don't win it, you will be ranked based on your overall resume, & Ohio State does NOT have the resume that Syracuse has...

Sorry, you are incorrect.

Mantonio,

Why was 8th seeded Butler ranked #2 in the final poll last year, and not Ohio State, which had the best regular season and was the #1 overall seed in the NCAA tournament? How do you square this with your assertion/guarantee that SU will be ranked #2 this year (or #3 if UK loses in the final.)

Respectfully,
PoppyHart

Absolutely not. I have the right to return your disrespect in kind. I will judge the judgemental !!!

You make no sense, & if you can't understand how to talk to people initially, you will never be a respected person.

I am not having anything both ways. When you attack me, I get to attack back... Since when is that having it both ways?

That's like saying it was wrong for America to fight back against Japan for their aggression. You make no sense...

Don't attack me first, then I won't be forced to strike you down...
oooooooooooooooooooooookay, I get it. Two wrongs make a right. Not that I was wrong to begin with.

oooooooooooooooooooooookay, I get it. Two wrongs make a right. Not that I was wrong to begin with.

This has nothing to do with two wrongs making a right...

This is righteous justice against a rude offender...

And, YES, you were wrong...

Mantonio,

Why was 8th seeded Butler ranked #2 in the final poll last year, and not Ohio State, which had the best regular season and was the #1 overall seed in the NCAA tournament? How do you square this with your assertion/guarantee that SU will be ranked #2 this year (or #3 if UK loses in the final.)

Respectfully,
PoppyHart
What was Butler's ranking & record before the tourney?

OK, I'm done here. I used to be one of your biggest supporters/apologists. Because you are viewed by many on this board as an overly-optimistic buffoon. Nothing wrong with calling someone whiny - that is not rude, at least in our world. If you are as thin-skinned as you come across in this thread, maybe you should stay away for a while, take a breath, and come back with a little self-confidence. Out.

Mantonio,

Respectfully,
PoppyHart

If the coaches & media do rankings that way, then what's the point of playing out the regular season. Let's just play the NCAA Tournament at the beginning of the season, using the pre-season rankings to pick the teams & seeds.

Basically, the overall performance resume of a team means NOTHING, if the Tournament carries so much weight. That's a bad message to send. Let's just tell students to avoid studying until the Final exam. They can fail all semester, then just ace the final & you can be ranked ahead of all the other kids who actually worked hard & achieved something.

The one good thing about the BCS, although a playoff would be preferred, it takes the entire season of accomplishments into account, & ranks accordingly.

The NCAA Basketball system apparently completely cleans the slate during the Tourney, which is an unfair way to judge the value of its teams.

So, what will Syracuse have to show for the second best record in the country of the major conference teams? They worked their asses off & made history, only to have it erased by the luck of the matchups in a single elimination tournament.

If that is the system they are using, then count me out as a supporter of that organization.

Maybe the major conferences should break away & form their own organization, so we can get the system set up properly.

This is righteous justice against a rude offender...
Am I wrong for thinking that line is incredibly funny?

OK, I'm done here. I used to be one of your biggest supporters/apologists. Because you are viewed by many on this board as an overly-optimistic buffoon. Nothing wrong with calling someone whiny - that is not rude, at least in our world. If you are as thin-skinned as you come across in this thread, maybe you should stay away for a while, take a breath, and come back with a little self-confidence. Out.

Maybe you should think about what I am saying, & try to choose your words more carefully when talking to people.

Instead of blithely dismissing my retorts, try showing some consideration for other people & THINK about what they say.

You would be surprised how much you can learn from taking just a little time to consider different thoughts.

If I think calling me whiny is rude, then try NOT being rude to me, instead of mocking me for scolding you.

Just because others will tolerate your remarks, I don't have to...

No they have NOT been better.

They didn't win a championship, & that is ALL that MATTA'S...

Ohio State will be a good program, but Syracuse is GREAT.

WE get the better recruits, & we will be the dominant program for the next 20 years.

When OSU loses in the FF, Syracuse will be ranked ahead of them in the final rankings, because ONLY the champion gets the higher ranking regardless of record.

You're delusional.

Ohio State has been to two Final Four's since SU's last appearance. They beat us in the regional final this time. They will be ranked ahead of Syracuse in the final rankings, as they should be...especially if they win it all, which they very well could.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom