Let the rampant speculation on Fab Melo begin! | Syracusefan.com

Let the rampant speculation on Fab Melo begin!

?

• Poll choice...

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Poll choice...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I hope he falls to the Heat at 27. He fills a definite need and Miami is the closest NBA City to Brazil. Makes sense for him all around.

Actually, I was talking about JB coming out on air to say it wasn't academics that made him unavailable for the tournament.

18th. 20th at the latest.

5 to 10, with time off for good behavior.

4.8 ppg, 3.8 rpg 1.1 bpg

2022, Speech Communications, 2.34

That should cover everything.

Magic at 19.
Lowest he goes is Pacers at 26.

I hope he falls to the Heat at 27. He fills a definite need and Miami is the closest NBA City to Brazil. Makes sense for him all around.

This made me laugh for some reason.

If I was a GM, I wouldn't touch him in the first round . . . . he's a project; let someone else eat the developmental costs of a guaranteed contract, then maybe snap him up if/when they let his option slide

if he slipped to the 2nd round he'd be a good value pick for a team with the luxury to spend a couple of years developing his skills.

Just read the post from the newspaper. That's some pretty cryptic stuff by JB. Is there a statute of limitations at some point when Jake or Bees can fill us all in? Just kidding. Kind of.

If I was a GM, I wouldn't touch him in the first round . . . . he's a project; let someone else eat the developmental costs of a guaranteed contract, then maybe snap him up if/when they let his option slide

if he slipped to the 2nd round he'd be a good value pick for a team with the luxury to spend a couple of years developing his skills.
If I was in the last half of the 1st round and needed or even somewhat needed a big man I would take Fab in a second. How long did the Knicks run around with no legitimate Center, how much did they have to pay for a defensive Center without much offensive skill? 7'0, athletic Centers are one of the rarest commodities in the NBA. Kwame friggin Brown is still in the NBA.

There aren't many big men who aren't projects. If you think about it, the big men who usually appear most "ready" aren't neccesarily in NBA bodies; guys like TRob, Zeller, Henson, (Sullinger?) etc. while guys who have good NBA bodies like Ezeli, Drummond, Moultire and Fab need a lot of work. If you think back to past drafts, this is usually the case as well.

If I was in the last half of the 1st round and needed or even somewhat needed a big man I would take Fab in a second. How long did the Knicks run around with no legitimate Center, how much did they have to pay for a defensive Center without much offensive skill? 7'0, athletic Centers are one of the rarest commodities in the NBA. Kwame friggin Brown is still in the NBA.

you are assuming that Fab is a legitimate NBA center . . . I don't think he is and I don't think he will be for a few years. Star centers indeed are rare, but you can pick up rotation bigs who will be more productive than Fab in the remainder bin, while using your pick on someone who is more ready to contribute.

of course, there is a reason why I am not a GM, but I think teams tend to overvalue size in the draft

There aren't many big men who aren't projects. If you think about it, the big men who usually appear most "ready" aren't neccesarily in NBA bodies; guys like TRob, Zeller, Henson, (Sullinger?) etc. while guys who have good NBA bodies like Ezeli, Drummond, Moultire and Fab need a lot of work. If you think back to past drafts, this is usually the case as well.

A GM who takes AD over Trob doesn't deserve to be one.

Saw a mock draft that projected him to Cleveland, where he might benefit from understudying with Anderson Varejao--a fellow Brazillian. Might not be a bad situation for him, from that standpoint.

The steal of the draft where ever he goes. Incredibly gifted athlete who is talented, aggresive and learns fast.

He showed off what was obviously a great work ethic prepping for last season.

I'll stick with him going to my hometown Celtics

Ditto, except it's not my home town. Actually, this is what I'd like to happen, but think it won't. I think the C's pull a trade and move up giving up their 2 picks for 1, and include a player. We'll see.

8 teams in 10 years and he's still only 30. Maybe this will be his breakout year!!!!

Interesting how the OP came back and said what he meant by the title of the thread was JB's comments regarding Melo's eligability last year and everyone keeps talking about the draft. :noidea:

Interesting how the OP came back and said what he meant by the title of the thread was JB's comments regarding Melo's eligability last year and everyone keeps talking about the draft. :noidea:
trying to reclaim a runaway thread is harder than putting toothpaste back in the tube

The steal of the draft where ever he goes. Incredibly gifted athlete who is talented, aggresive and learns fast.

I wish Fab could have learned a little faster in the classroom. Oh Lord

In my mock draft, I'm predicting he goes to Houston at 18. I'm expecting Houston to trade 14 and 16 away, and pick up Fab at 18.

Just read the post from the newspaper. That's some pretty cryptic stuff by JB. Is there a statute of limitations at some point when Jake or Bees can fill us all in? Just kidding. Kind of.

What did he say?