Lets all root for UConn | Syracusefan.com

Lets all root for UConn

Did I read somewhere that Oats was coaching high school basketball 10 years ago?

Did I read somewhere that Oats was coaching high school basketball 10 years ago?
2013 was hired to Hurley’s staff at Buffalo from high school. Took over for Hurley when he went to ASU. Did amazing at UB and then went to Alabama. Without looking, I think 2015-2019 at UB.

2013 was hired to Hurley’s staff at Buffalo from high school. Took over for Hurley when he went to ASU. Did amazing at UB and then went to Alabama. Without looking, I think 2015-2019 at UB.
Ridiculous

We are light years behind UConn
Eh, Hurley had a losing record his first year and didn’t make the tourney his second year. It only started to click in year 3. If Red makes the right moves, including hiring an offensive innovator and connected recruiter as an assistant, he can turn this program around quickly.

Eh, Hurley had a losing record his first year and didn’t make the tourney his second year. It only started to click in year 3. If Red makes the right moves, including hiring an offensive innovator and connected recruiter as an assistant, he can turn this program around quickly.
I have no doubt Red and the program will be top tier again, but Hurley at this point should probably be considered elite.

Remember the old days of the wars with the boneyard…and I remember I’ll never root for them.

I have no doubt Red and the program will be top tier again, but Hurley at this point should probably be considered elite.
But he's still a douce that you would love to smack around.

Last edited:
My wife came into my office last night as Hurley was being interviewed. She said, in a very disgusted tone, "who is that guy, he seems like an arrogant ass". I said yep, that's Dan Hurley. He's awful.

Why though? He had a good season and got players to come back for round 2. I’d like to see him get through a couple recruiting cycles and see how he does after early departures and all that before handing him his flowers.

If he ends up with a true knack for keeping players around in this environment, then there might be something special there.

Why though? He had a good season and got players to come back for round 2. I’d like to see him get through a couple recruiting cycles and see how he does after early departures and all that before handing him his flowers.

If he ends up with a true knack for keeping players around in this environment, then there might be something special there.
Talk about moving the goalposts… the last defending champion to make the final four was Florida the following season when Noah was still playing. That was 16 years ago for those counting.

I think Hurley is a big dbag as much as anyone else but I would say a coach who has done something not done in 16 years is elite.

Two title games in two years in this climate is insane. We cant even keep our best player to stay put (this is praise to Hurley not a knock on Autry).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom