Lets all root for UConn | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Lets all root for UConn

Why even watch?

My cbb season typically ends once we're out of it. Just can't muster up the interest.

Mike Dirnt Whatever GIF by Green Day

I have no doubt Red and the program will be top tier again, but Hurley at this point should probably be considered elite.
Would be shocked if Kentucky did not make a run at him and Oats. First one to say yes gets the gig.

Im rooting for Uconn to win it. I absolutely despise the big ten and SEC
I get that. Also at this point UConn wracking up titles really doesn't mean much. I'd rather them win their 6th than a program like Purdue win its first. Plus the fact that the B1G hasn't won a title since 2000 is so funny to me. I want that streak to to continue.

I'm rooting for them because of the future bet i laid on them in January

I dislike UConn as much as the next guy but this is a tired narrative. UConn beat an absolutely stacked Duke team in the Final Four in 2004 and a Florida team who was pound-for-pound the best team in the 2014 season. UConn deserved their championships as much as we try to discredit them.
I don't dislike them as much as some and didn't know it was a 'narrative' at all.
It's amazing how relatively subpar their Final opps have been imo. That's all. Good God. Holding two thoughts at once is I guess impossible.

I would root for a serial killer to be parolled and then get elected president before i root for that chit ass university tonight

FYI, I tried to write ephh UConn the other week and it got blocked. I was then informed that your passion for their demise was the driving force behind that. Tip of the cap, sir.

FYI, I tried to write ephh UConn the other week and it got blocked. I was then informed that your passion for their demise was the driving force behind that. Tip of the cap, sir.
all i know is since the ban they have started to win again. i did my part

My cbb season typically ends once we're out of it. Just can't muster up the interest.

Mike Dirnt Whatever GIF by Green Day
C'mon man-you are missing some great BB!! Come out of your whatever and watch tonight. Two of the best BIGS on the college planet going head to head.

2 things:

My son's first grade class was assigned UConn for their team in the schools March Madness contest. The class gets a pizza party of UConn wins tonight. I can't really overstate how exciting this is to my 7 year old.

Uconn is playing a Big 10 school. I hate the big ten in so many ways.

I'm still only 50-50 between rooting for UConn or rooting for the asteroid destroying the stadium.

I don't dislike them as much as some and didn't know it was a 'narrative' at all.
It's amazing how relatively subpar their Final opps have been imo. That's all. Good God. Holding two thoughts at once is I guess impossible.

Well at least you’re not defensive about it…

I would only root for UConn against the 1936 German National Team. That's it.

Well, my son was excited.

:vomit:

If you watch any of the full access coverage of UConn, you will see their players talking about how Hurley runs them mad at practice. They had a 3-hour practice the day before playing Creighton. He is super hard on them and holds them to an exceedingly high standard. The players talk about how much they love the preparation and process and how the staff breaks everything down for them. They know that if they practice hard and allow themselves to be challenged they will be successful because they have a tremendous amount of trust in the staff.

They feel Hurley totally has their backs. They don't whine to the refs nearly as much as other teams' players do (including ours) because they know Hurley will take care of it. They want to be in a foxhole with him.

Every basketball office should be watching UConn film and figuring out what they can learn from them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom