Let's Go Duke | Syracusefan.com

Let's Go Duke

Madbiker said:
tonight I'm a Duke fan. I might even wear a Duke shirt (if I had one). Well not really. But I hope they beat UConn by 20. And then I'll take a shower.
How about a 40 point win. 100-60. Let the walkons mop it up.

I get the whole RPI thing and wanting a potentially top heavy but crap-laden ACC to look decent for our own pride, but I'd rather beat UConn ourselves than ever root for duke. I guess I have higher aspirations for my CBB season than rooting for a #2 team in the country I have long hated to beat some "mid major". But if folks can get off that easily rooting against the underdog, the more power to you, I suppose. Maybe some are worried UConn won't be as happy with a "quality loss" like some of us are already chalking up for us(twice), and have a measure vs a common opponent. The horror. Go Cuse!

I know I can't be the only one, even if I acknowledge minority status.

This game is turnover city. Neither team can hang onto the ball. Poor shooting on both teams. Both teams are playing pretty good pressure defense. KJ could not handle the pressure that either of these teams play. UCONN seems to get to the rim whenver they want to. Okafor gets so much attention that Jefferson is wide open. He is going to give SU fits on the offensive boards. UCONN can keep Purvis. He can't shoot and he walks everytime he puts the ball on the floor and then he laughs when the officials make the call. 12 TO's for Duke in the first half. They look young in the first half.

jeez duke has 12 turnovers and is shooting about 30% and is up 5 at half.
I swear poor shooting has absolutely taken over college hoops. seems like every game I watch now

pearl31 said:
jeez duke has 12 turnovers and is shooting about 30% and is up 5 at half. I swear poor shooting has absolutely taken over college hoops. seems like every game I watch now

Well, Duke is shooting 53% on the season, 38% from three, so it hasn't taken over completely.

I don't know how Uconn lost to Yale, they don't look that bad at all.... Boatwright looks like another Napier out there.

Duke's 3 pt shooting isn't nearly as good as last year w/o Dawkins, Thornton and Hood.

Well Uconn is throwing this one away. Okafor is just too damn good.

wallacecuse said:
Duke's 3 pt shooting isn't nearly as good as last year w/o Dawkins, Thornton and Hood.

Still shooting 38% on the year. That's pretty good.

I don't know how Uconn lost to Yale, they don't look that bad at all... Boatwright looks like another Napier out there.
UConn's biggest game all year by far. This is about Duke's 8th most important game.

14200959-essay.jpg

what a game. two great coaches each trying to win as opposed to trying not to lose. bilas stinks. he saw that blatant offensive foul and didn't acknowledge it . and to jay Williams boatright is the best point guard not the 5 u mentioned. don't know the spelling but diagne is a lot like okafor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom