Let's Go Duke | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Let's Go Duke

He's averaging almost 9 rebounds and a block and a half per game. He's not even averaging 30 minutes a game. If you can't see the excellence in this guy I don't know what to tell ya.

He's great offensively. Great. I agree. It's the comparisons to Duncan that are ridiculous. Duncan averaged 4 blocks and 10 boards his freshman year in the same amount of minutes okafor is averaging. Great offensive players are a dime a dozen in the NBA. He's going to have to improve on defense, and I'm not sold that he has the raw athletic ability to get much better there.

So we recruit big guards who have NBA size and if they play well, they are gone early yet Lousiville and UCONN always have super talented experienced little guards who stay 4 years because they don't have the size to bolt to the NBA and year in/year out they make deep runs in the tourney because guard play is what matters in the postseason.

Am I onto anything or just babbling?

No way man, I've been saying this for years. Louisville gets 4 years out of Siva and Russ Smith, UConn gets 3 out of Kemba and 4 out Napier and Boatright. We get Dion for 2, MCW for 2 and Ennis for 1. Pisses me off.

Cusefan0307 said:
He's going to have to improve on defense, and I'm not sold that he has the raw athletic ability to get much better there.

I mean he's like 18 years old. You can't just look at college freshman stats and use that as a barometer on how a player is going to turn out.

I've read a few times about his athleticism not being great but honestly I don't buy it. I think he is athletic and a future star, not only on the offensive end but the defensive side as will.

However you want to cut it, Okafor will be the #1 pick in the draft next spring.

Outside of Boatwright they don't have much. Ollie did a good job coaching last year and tonight, I just wonder what happens if he gets a P5 offer down the line.

Haven't really watched them much yet but I think Purvis will come around for them and Hamilton will be good. I think they are a solid tourney team.

Outside of Boatwright they don't have much. Ollie did a good job coaching last year and tonight, I just wonder what happens if he gets a P5 offer down the line.
Yep like Pearl said, NBA. He'll never coach at another college other than UConn. Once the shine wears off of leaving the Big East, he'll get sick of playing Tulane and East Carolina. No question he'll end up in the NBA, it's just a matter of when and where.

Haven't really watched them much yet but I think Purvis will come around for them and Hamilton will be good. I think they are a solid tourney team.
Hamilton is the real deal. I liked Purvis a lot at NC State and thought it was a great get for UConn; but his just doesn't have basketball IQ right now. It'll be interesting to see what Brimah can progress to by March.

I thought Duke would win by 15 plus going in. Wasn't that impressed with Duke. K is using his bench less than JB. They won the game at the foul line and with offensive rebounds.
Duke was going into a week long break; and let's face it, they're gonna have much bigger games this year than vs. UConn. This was UConn's biggest game of the year. Once Duke decided to turn it on they had control. If Duke wanted to I think they could have won by 20+

No way man, I've been saying this for years. Louisville gets 4 years out of Siva and Russ Smith, UConn gets 3 out of Kemba and 4 out Napier and Boatright. We get Dion for 2, MCW for 2 and Ennis for 1. Pisses me off.

i'd say yes you and LI are on to something but if you're playing an in your face MTM pressure then the fast pesky small guard is ideal. if you're just going to sit back in the zone then ideally you'd want taller guards out top imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom