Let's Go Duke | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Let's Go Duke

I guess my question is what are we going to do when Rak fouls out in 5 minutes against Okafor?

The refs call a foul in whoever is defending him and breaths on him.

igor said:
great coach. that he made a competitive game of this is remarkable. he has craap for talent

Outside of Boatwright they don't have much. Ollie did a good job coaching last year and tonight, I just wonder what happens if he gets a P5 offer down the line.

I can't stand UConn, but they play hard. Boatright is quick and fearless. It would be a good game between SU and Uconn. The way they pressure the ball could us, but we should be able to muscle them down low. As thin as McCullough and Roberson are, I think they would have the advantage over Facey and Hamilton. Alot would come down to how both teams shoot, because they are both streaky, at best.

what's to hate. I love to watch teams that are well coached.

He is a great coach, but the idea that their talent sucks is stupid. They have a senior guard and other players who helped them win a championship.

They play tough defense in this horrible era of college basketball that's bleeding interest in the regular season. Even those Georgetown teams in the 80's didn't get away with the constant mugging that teams get away with now, to the detriment of the offense. The teams in that era would guard a couple feet away from the offensive ball handler instead of the crap we have now where a game in the 60's is considered high scoring.

I thought Duke would win by 15 plus going in. Wasn't that impressed with Duke. K is using his bench less than JB. They won the game at the foul line and with offensive rebounds.

yeah Boatright is definitely fearless - some of the shots he made in that game were just ridiculous
True, but some of his turnovers down the stretch were equally ridiculous.

So we recruit big guards who have NBA size and if they play well, they are gone early yet Lousiville and UCONN always have super talented experienced little guards who stay 4 years because they don't have the size to bolt to the NBA and year in/year out they make deep runs in the tourney because guard play is what matters in the postseason.

Am I onto anything or just babbling?

So we recruit big guards who have NBA size and if they play well, they are gone early yet Lousiville and UCONN always have super talented experienced little guards who stay 4 years because they don't have the size to bolt to the NBA and year in/year out they make deep runs in the tourney because guard play is what matters in the postseason.

Am I onto anything or just babbling?

Joseph certainly reminds me of a young Uconn/louisville guard. Out of control, explosive, and quick.

I see Duke pulled it out, 66-56, despite 19 TO's (to 14), and the shooting numbers for both sides were poor. Glad I didn't have to watch it. And I would have had no trouble cheering for Duke (I like Coach K) over UConn. None whatsoever.

Duke really seemed to be playing down to their competition. Everytime UConn would get close, the Dukies just poured it on. Okafor is just ridiculously good. He's going foul Rak out in about ten minutes.

Duke really seemed to be playing down to their competition. Everytime UConn would get close, the Dukies just poured it on. Okafor is just ridiculously good. He's going foul Rak out in about ten minutes.

Well, Rak will most likely foul himself out making the same decisions he's been making through the years, without learning a damn thing ...

UConn did much better than I thought they would. Boatright is a stud...top 3 PG in the country. Hamilton has a lot of talent but needs to get stronger. Brimah has a lot of potential but the refs took him out of the game with 4 touch fouls. They play good pressure D. we would have a lot of TO's against them, Duke sure did. Okafor is ridiculous. Has NBA moves now. Rak will be on the bench the whole game with foul trouble against him.

UConn did much better than I thought they would. Boatright is a stud...top 3 PG in the country. Hamilton has a lot of talent but needs to get stronger. Brimah has a lot of potential but the refs took him out of the game with 4 touch fouls. They play good pressure D. we would have a lot of TO's against them, Duke sure did. Okafor is ridiculous. Has NBA moves now. Rak will be on the bench the whole game with foul trouble against him.

I think people are getting a little out of control with Okafor. He's a good offensive player and i know he isn't a finished product, but lets pump the breaks a bit on how great he is. He's not nearly a good defensive player yet, and doesn't block shots at the rate you would expect out of a top center. There are a lot of big men in college better defensively than Okafor. Roc is better defensively than Okafor.

The comparisons to Duncan are ridiculous. Duncan is an all timer. He never blocked less than 3.3 shots a game at wake. I know he was 5-15 vs Memphis the other night, but Duncan is also a career 70 percent foulshooter in both the NBA and college. Yes, I think Okafor is going to be a great offensive player, but I don't know if he will ever be a good enough defensive player to be a dominant power forward or center in the NBA.

Cusefan0307 said:
I think people are getting a little out of control with Okafor. He's a good offensive player and i know he isn't a finished product, but lets pump the breaks a bit on how great he is. He's not nearly a good defensive player yet, and doesn't block shots at the rate you would expect out of a top center. There are a lot of big men in college better defensively than Okafor. Roc is better defensively than Okafor. The comparisons to Duncan are ridiculous. Duncan is an all timer. He never blocked less than 3.3 shots a game at wake. I know he was 5-15 vs Memphis the other night, but Duncan is also a career 70 percent foulshooter in both the NBA and college. Yes, I think Okafor is going to be a great offensive player, but I don't know if he will ever be a good enough defensive player to be a dominant power forward or center in the NBA.

He's averaging almost 9 rebounds and a block and a half per game. He's not even averaging 30 minutes a game. If you can't see the excellence in this guy I don't know what to tell ya.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom