Lets Go North Carolina! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Lets Go North Carolina!

I'll root for North Carolina because Larry Fedora was a college teammate of my boss and I met him during one of our alumni weekends when he flew in and started boozing at like 2 AM. He seemed like a nice guy, but I was already pretty drunk so I may well have been talking to a mop.

Talking about the ACC having a rough night, the score is currently Alabama 24, Virginia Tech 3. (The game doesn't actually come on TV until Saturday, but Alabama has already started scoring)

It's that close?

Sent from Kindle Fire HD

Lets go Fresno State! Because a win over Rutgers would be great for America!
We have family that recently moved to Fresno and sent tee shirts for the kids. My son put his on after the pool today... I love that boy and he is five so he didn't understand what I found so funny.

Being old enough to remember watching the 1957 cotton bowl against tcu, and the time we were independent in everything, I have no problem rooting for conference mates. I just look at it as an extension of Syracuse, if our conference mates win, we win because the conference looks good, and if we win it makes our winning look better. My perfect conference season in football, and basketball would be, the conference winning percentage out of conference 1.000, we would be the bully of all the conferences, and the rest could kiss our ***.

I rooted for Big East teams out of conference (within reason). But its not the same with the ACC. I can't just start pulling for teams I always rooted against. Perhaps in a decade or so. I feel no tie to these teams. Its as if I'm a fan of independent Syracuse again.

Go Orange

I think with most people it will go in the opposite direction. I'm an "all boats rise with the tide" guy who always rooted for conference teams in non-conference games because I felt our reputations were invariably tied together. But alot of people didn't see it that way and rooted against conference teams because they didn't like them. We have little- or limited histories with most of these teams so we have no reason to root against UNC, (at least in football) or Georgia Tech or Virginia, etc. But over time, as we lose games to these teams, resentment, especially against certain ones will rise and people will be rooting for Alabama or Florida or somebody to clean their clocks, regardless of whether that helps or hurts SU.

I think we should still see the SEC and other conferences as our real enemies.