Let's hear it for the DEFENSE. | Syracusefan.com

Let's hear it for the DEFENSE.

Cadillac

Starter
  1. Jay Bromley with a sack on 3rd down to end the 1st quarter. First sign of a pulse.
  2. Mizzou 1st and Goal on the 4, stopping the run on 1st, two incompletes, forcing a FG. It's now 17-3.
  3. Siriki Diabate - who I have privately doubted - with maybe the biggest play of the game. Blows up the RB on 3rd and 1 for a loss, which forces Mizzou's last field goal, but saves time for Nassib and Lemon to do their game winning thing. We only had one timeout and if they convert a 3rd and 1 there, they might be kicking an FG at the gun to win it.

MPB abusing the RB for -5 then Sharpe abusing the Tackle with an arm over and getting a big sack were the back to back plays too that won a long 3rd qtr big field position battle.

1. Jay Bromley with a sack on 3rd down to end the 1st quarter. First sign of a pulse.
  2. Mizzou 1st and Goal on the 4, stopping the run on 1st, two incompletes, forcing a FG. It's now 17-3.
  3. Siriki Diabate - who I have privately doubted - with maybe the biggest play of the game. Blows up the RB on 3rd and 1 for a loss, which forces Mizzou's last field goal, but saves time for Nassib and Lemon to do their game winning thing. We only had one timeout and if they convert a 3rd and 1 there, they might be kicking an FG at the gun to win it.

I didn't understand why Mizzou didn't try to just run the ball again in that 1st and Goal series. They seemed to be having a lot of success with the run.

I'm very impressed with our defense's ability to make a crucial stop given the night they had. Those 2 3rd and short stops (for losses) were ginormous.

The first few defensive possessions, Mizz seemed to move the ball with ease. For the first time all season, we looked outclassed athletically. The defense really took it up a notch in the 2nd and 3rd quarter--keeping the score down and the game close when it looked early on like we were in danger of a rout.

Really hard not to be excited about this team! Coulda shoulda woulda, but I honestly feel like this is a 9-win caliber team on BOTH sides of the ball. Even ST--which was so absurdly bad early on--has leveled out.

Shafer coached one heck of a game after the first Q. I hope that we provide him with an extension. I believe he is the best coach on staff as he puts his kids in a position to win and make plays when it is needed. The D was on the field so much in the first half that it is a miracle they didnt get blown out. He is and remains our best coach and deserves an extension.

The first few defensive possessions, Mizz seemed to move the ball with ease. For the first time all season, we looked outclassed athletically. The defense really took it up a notch in the 2nd and 3rd quarter--keeping the score down and the game close when it looked early on like we were in danger of a rout.

Really hard not to be excited about this team! Coulda shoulda woulda, but I honestly feel like this is a 9-win caliber team on BOTH sides of the ball. Even ST--which was so absurdly bad early on--has leveled out.

I saw those first touchdowns by Missouri and thought, oh lord we are in trouble here but it was like a 180 after that. The staff and kids stepped up and played/adjusted a lot better as the game when on.

Holding them to a FG after that late tipped INT was Billy Fucillo huge. D gave us a chance when we loaded up the gun and blasted our foot off. Big credit to them.

We need to figure out how not to put ourselves in a hole in the first half. I was not saying good things about Schafer at that point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom